CBI files chargesheet against CPI-M leader VijayanJune 11th, 2009 - 4:27 pm ICT by ANI
Thiruvananthapuram, June 11 (ANI): The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday filed a chargesheet against CPI-M Kerala secretary Pinarayi Vijayan, who is an accused in the multi-crore-rupeee SNC-Lavalin scam.
The case pertained to alleged corruption and irregularities in awarding the contract for the renovation of three hydro-electric projects - Panniyanr, Chenkulam and Pallivasal - to the Canadian firm SNC Lavalin when Vijayan was the state’s Power Minister in 1998.
The CBI, which had probed the case, found irregularities in awarding the contract and wanted to arraign Vijayan as the ninth accused in the case.
Earlier, Kerala Governor R S Gavai had given sanction to the CBI to prosecute Vijayan in connection with his involvement in the case.
There was a split in the Kerala CPI(M) with CM Achuthanandan defying the politburo line on Governor Gavai’s decision to give sanction to prosecute Vijayan in the corruption case, saying it neither shocked nor surpised him. (ANI)
- SNC Lavalin graft case: Kerala Governor sanctions CBI probe of Vijayan - Jun 07, 2009
- Kerala governor's decision not surprising: Achuthanandan - Jun 10, 2009
- CBI says Kerala government was partisan for Vijayan - Nov 10, 2010
- Apex court admits Vijayan's case - Aug 31, 2009
- CBI asks Pinarayi Vijayan to appear in court Sept 24 - Aug 21, 2009
- Governor to take decision on SNC Lavalin graft case - May 12, 2009
- Pinarayi Vijayan summoned in Lavalin graft case - Apr 10, 2012
- Kerala opposition demands Vijayan's prosecution - May 02, 2009
- Kerala governor gives nod to prosecute Vijayan - Jun 07, 2009
- Make Kerala home minister accused in Lavalin case: Petition - May 05, 2011
- CBI gets nod to prosecute Vijayan, CPI-M to fight case (Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- Charges filed against Pinarayi in Lavalin scam - Jun 11, 2009
- Opposition meets Kerala governor, wants Lavalin case speeded up - Mar 27, 2009
- Will Kerala government sanction Vijayan's prosecution? - May 04, 2009
- Is Kerala CM under pressure to quit for opposing clean chit to Vijayan? - May 08, 2009
Tags: alleged corruption, cbi, central bureau of investigation, corruption case, CPI, crore, electric projects, hydro electric, irregularities, kerala, pinarayi vijayan, politburo, power minister, renovation, sanction, thiruvananthapuram