Cate Blanchett may change name to Ethel over hate for name Down UnderDecember 8th, 2008 - 5:25 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 8 (ANI): Cate Blanchett is afraid that she might have to change her name to Ethel because her real name is not celebrated in her native Australia.
The Oscar winning actress recently received a letter from a fan, which revealed that her name was similar to a disliked Aussie banker.
“It was quite painful to read because their (fans) farm in Australia had been repossessed and the woman from the bank, who had repossessed the farm, was called Caitlin Blankett, Contactmusic quoted her, as saying.
“The man had written to me saying would I please change my name because every time his wife sees my films she bursts into tears,” she added.
And Blanchett has already started considering a new name
“I quite like the name Ethel,” she said. (ANI)
- Blanchett not patient enough to direct films - Mar 01, 2012
- Blanchett criticised over tax scheme campaign - May 30, 2011
- Oscar Winner Cate Blanchett lends her voice to 'Family Guy' - Apr 30, 2011
- Cate Blanchett loves doing household chores - Nov 28, 2009
- Lily Allen gets a new name - Aug 06, 2012
- Jessica Biel in awe of Meryl Streep - Oct 15, 2010
- Lily Allen names daughter Ethel Mary - Jan 05, 2012
- I didn't axe Miller from 'Robin Hood', says Crowe - Jan 29, 2010
- Cate Blanchett prioritises kids before films - Mar 03, 2010
- Whitney Port not worried about fashion - Apr 19, 2011
- Selma Blair says she has darker side - Jun 25, 2012
- Cate Blanchett's theatre 'goes green' - Jun 26, 2010
- Willow Smith, a fashion icon - Jul 08, 2011
- Actresses look sexier: Rachel Weisz - Aug 07, 2012
- Lily Allen has forgotten how to walk in heels - Aug 30, 2012