Cast of ”Welcome To Sajjanpur” talk about their film in MumbaiSeptember 18th, 2008 - 6:50 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Sept 18 (ANI): Cast of the Bollywood flick ”Welcome To Sajjanpur” which is a delightful satirical take on a contemporary Indian village spoke about their upcoming film in Mumbai.
Produced by husband and wife duo Ronnie Screwvala and Zarina Mehta, the film is directed by renowned and National film award winning director Shyam Benegal.
Benegal is known for a new genre of films that include Ankur, Nishant, Manthan and Bhumika.
Welcome To Sajjanpur stars Shreyas Talpade, Amrita Rao, Ravi Kishan, Ila Arun, Divya Dutta and Yashpal Sharma.
Bollywood actress Amrita Rao who essays the role of Kamala in the film said the film is all about these typical, peculiar funny characters.
It is a very exciting film. The film ”Welcome To Sajjanpur” is about these typical, peculiar funny characters. It (Sajjanpur) is a mad village and these very characters make Sajjanpur so interesting. I play the role of a uneducated potter in the film who is called Kamala, she goes to Mahadev (being played by Shreyas Talpade) to get her letters written and subsequently falls in love with him, said Amrita.
Shreyas Talpade, who delivered a major hit last year with ”Om Shanti Om”, spoke at length about the character he plays in the film.
I play the role of a letter writer in the film, whose ambition actually was to be a novelist. But as he was not getting any interesting subject for the novel he choose to become a letter writer. His persuasive letters make him popular with the largely illiterate people of the village, said Shreyas.
Bollywood lyricist Ashok Mishra and Swanand Kirkire have penned the lyrics of the film while music of the film is composed by Shantanu Moitra.
Plethora of Bollywood singers like Shreya Ghosal, Kailash Kher, Sonu Nigam and Sunidhi Chauhan have lent their voice to the songs of the film. (ANI)
- After Goutam Ghose, Benegal to wow audiences in Nepal - Feb 09, 2011
- My next not a sequel to 'Welcome To Sajjanpur': Benegal - Apr 30, 2012
- Shah Rukh is brilliant, but I'm unable to cast him: Benegal - Jan 05, 2009
- Emraan an accommodating co-star, says Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Feb 03, 2012
- Gulzar to get lifetime award at Mumbai film fest - Sep 20, 2011
- I didn't enquire about my role in Shyam Benegal's film: Amrita Rao - Sep 11, 2008
- 'Welcome To Sajjanpur' endears with simplicity, warmth, humour (Hindi Film Review -Rating: ***1/2) - Sep 20, 2008
- Doing comedies an achievement for Shreyas - Mar 22, 2012
- I was nobody before 'Iqbal': Shreyas Talpade - Sep 18, 2008
- Shyam Benegal experiments with comedy in 'Welcome to Sajjanpur' - Sep 18, 2008
- 'The Hangman' marred by outdated values, clumsy narration (IANS Film Review; Rating:**1/2) - Feb 06, 2010
- Zee TV Weekend Synopsis (24th April 09- 26th april 09) - Apr 23, 2009
- I'm not focussing only on comedies: Shreyas Talpade - Aug 09, 2009
- Bollywood Actor Shreyas Talpade Turns Producer - Jul 20, 2010
- Anjana Sukhani in 'Kamal Dhamaal Malamaal' item song - Apr 21, 2012
Tags: amrita rao, ashok, divya dutta, film award, ghosal, kamala, kishan, letter writer, manthan, mehta, mishra, national film, persuasive letters, Shreyas Talpade, sonu nigam, sunidhi chauhan, upcoming film, wife duo, yashpal sharma, zarina