Cash for vote scam: Panel has no plans as of now to call Amar, Ahmed PatelAugust 18th, 2008 - 8:39 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi , Aug 18 (ANI): The Parliamentary Committee examining the cash-for-vote scam has no plans as of now to call Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh and Congress leader Ahmed Patel for questioning.
The two leaders, both Rajya Sabha members, have been allegedly named by the three BJP MPs in their complaint before Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee.
Both Singh and Patel have denied any involvement.
The process of recording evidence is complete, senior Congress member V Kishore Chandra Deo, who is heading the committee, told reporters after an over three-hour hearing at New Delhi on Monday.
Asked whether Singh and Patel would be called for questioning, Deo parried a direct reply saying there were no plans as of now to call any more witness.
On when the panel will submit its report, he said as soon as possible. We will meet soon, may be within a week and try our best to give the report by August 29, 2008 (the date when the term of the committee expires).
During Mondays hearing, SP member of Lok Sabha Reoti Raman Singh, BJP activist Sudheendra Kulkarni, Amar Singh’’s reported aide Sanjeev Saxena and one Suhail Hindustani, who was seen in the CD released by CNN-IBN which conducted the sting operation, deposed.
After deposing before the committee, Kulkarni told reporters he had assisted in the whistle-blowing operation.
If an impartial inquiry is held, the truth will come out and Amar Singh will be found guilty, he claimed, adding that he, however, did not doubt the impartiality of the panel.
He also said he had given evidences before the panel in support of his contention.
Reoti Raman Singh declined to say anything before the media except for stating that the hearing was held in a cordial atmosphere. I hope truth will prevail, he said. (ANI)
- Cash-for-votes scam: Amar Singh to appear in court Tuesday - Sep 05, 2011
- Cash-for-votes scam: Amar Singh, three others summoned - Aug 25, 2011
- Amar questioned, denies role in 2008 'horse trading' - Jul 22, 2011
- 'Very critical' Amar Singh gets bail - Oct 24, 2011
- Kulkarni appears before court in cash-for-vote scam - Sep 27, 2011
- Amar Singh to be questioned Friday over 2008 'horse trading' - Jul 21, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Kulkarni, four others walk out of Tihar (Lead) - Nov 17, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: BJP MP booked; bail pleas of three put off - Oct 03, 2011
- Amar Singh's bail pleas to be heard Oct 19 - Oct 18, 2011
- Cash-for-votes scam: Order on Amar Singh's bail reserved - Oct 19, 2011
- Cash-for-vote: Cops furnish CD transcripts to accused - May 26, 2012
- Cash-for-vote scam accused alleges pressure to implicate leaders - Aug 08, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Summons to Rewati Raman Singh stayed - Oct 24, 2011
- Cash-for-votes case: Amar Singh, five others chargesheeted - Aug 24, 2011
- Cash for votes: Amar Singh, two others arrested, jailed - Sep 06, 2011