Cash at judge door case: HC extends chargesheet dateJanuary 31st, 2009 - 7:14 pm ICT by ANI
Chandigarh, Jan 31 (ANI): The Punjab and Haryana High Court, on Saturday, extended the date for filing the chargesheet against Justice Nirmal Yadav, in connection with the ”cash at judge door” scandal as the Central Bureau of Investigation failed to present it on time.
Meanwhile, the defence counsel has moved an application seeking the release of materials and documents at the time of arrest of the other accused in the case, former Haryana Additional Advocate General Sanjiv Bansal and Parkash Ram.
The cash at judge door scandal broke on August 13, 2008, when Rs 15 lakh was delivered at the residence of Justice Nirmaljit Singh Kaur.
It was later alleged that the money, brought by a clerk of a senior Haryana law officer, was actually meant for another judge of the High Court, Justice Nirmal Yadav, and delivered to the wrong house.
A fortnight later, the CBI took over the case on the request of the Chandigarh administration.
The CBI, in its investigation report submitted to the Supreme Court and the Centre on January 23, that Justice Yadav be prosecuted.
The three-judge committee comprising Chief Justices Hemant Laxman Gokhale of the Allahabad High Court and K S Radhakrishnan of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court and Delhi High Court Judge Madan B Lokur, which submitted its report to the CJI on December 12 last year, also indicted Justice Yadav.
The report prompted Supreme Court Chief Justice K G Balakrishnan to serve a show cause notice on Justice Yadav, asking her to defend herself in the case.
Since then, Justice Yadav has replied twice to the show cause notice, denying her involvement in the scam, and claiming that the three-judge committee has ignored vital evidences. (ANI)
- Cash at judge door case: CBI files chargesheet against Justice Nirmal Yadav - Mar 04, 2011
- Cash-in-bag scam: Ex-judge told to appear in trial court - Aug 19, 2011
- High court dismisses ex-judge's plea against prosecution - Nov 14, 2011
- CBI did not seek sanction to prosecute Justice Yadav: CJI - Feb 10, 2010
- Cash-for-judge scam reaches last stages in Chandigarh - Dec 20, 2009
- CBI files charges against tainted judge - Mar 04, 2011
- SC no to quashing chargesheet against Nirmal Yadav - Sep 10, 2012
- Ex-judge gets bail in cash-in-bag case - Aug 27, 2011
- CBI court issues fresh summons for former judge - May 18, 2011
- CBI files chargesheet against judge in Chandigarh bribery scandal (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Bribe-for-judge scandal turns murkier - Jan 12, 2009
- Cash-at-door scam: Court adjourns hearing - May 11, 2011
- Bar association challenges CBI in cash-for-judge scam - Feb 01, 2010
- Judge appears before cash-at-judge''s door probe panel - Sep 29, 2008
- Cash-for-judge scam: bar association not allowed to argue - Feb 15, 2010
Tags: advocate general, allahabad high court, bansal, central bureau of investigation, chandigarh administration, chief justices, cji, defence counsel, delhi high court, gokhale, investigation report, lakh, madan, nirmal, parkash, punjab and haryana high court, s radhakrishnan, sanjiv, supreme court chief justice, yadav