Carpet Technology Institute set up in SrinagarJune 20th, 2008 - 7:42 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, June 20 (ANI): The Indian Institute of Carpet Technology and the Craft Development Institute will be declared open here by Union Minister of Textiles Shankersinh Vaghela tomorrow.
These projects will give a boost to the promotion and development of textiles and handicrafts in the State.
The two projects are part of the Prime Ministers Special Package of Jammu and Kashmir launched at the cost of Rs. 6 crores and Rs. 10 crores respectively.
Textile Minister Shankersinh Vaghela would also lay the foundation stone of a building for the office of Development Commissioner (Handicrafts) at Bemina, Srinagar.
To encourage the Kashmirs world-wide famous handicrafts he will also set up Raw Material Bank for Wood based crafts Khatamband.
The main objective of the Craft Development Institute is to provide research and development facilities in the field of managerial and process testing issues related to various crafts and to provide training for craftsmen and entrepreneurs.
The objective of the Indian Institute of Carpet Technology is to provide support to local carpet and allied industry through Design Creation Development, R and D and Technical Services and also to develop quality culture in carpet industry. (ANI)
- Vaghela to dedicate handicrafts related projects in Srinagar - Jun 21, 2008
- Event to promote handicraft, handloom sector - Aug 17, 2012
- Rs.2,100 crore sanctioned for textiles parks - Oct 27, 2011
- Vaghela dedicates Carpet Technology and Craft Development Institute to the nation - Jun 21, 2008
- Corporates told to give handlooms, handicraft products as gift items - Aug 13, 2012
- Handicrafts exports recorded a growth of 18 percent: Maran - Feb 04, 2011
- Four new NIDs to come up (With Images) - Dec 12, 2011
- Textile show planned at Games opening ceremony - Sep 28, 2010
- Escalated cost of automobile testing centres approved - Apr 28, 2011
- Financial subsidy for textiles sector to continue in 12th plan - Aug 25, 2011
- Mukherjee assures support to growth of textiles industry - Feb 02, 2011
- Low import duty hits Himachal silk growers (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Textile sector remains core to the Indian economy: Minister - Aug 26, 2011
- Employment plan rolled out for job-starved Kashmiri youth (Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- Getting craftspeople connected to mainstream fashion - Jul 11, 2011
Tags: allied industry, carpet industry, crafts, craftsmen, crores, design creation, development commissioner, foundation stone, handicrafts, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, main objective, prime ministers, quality culture, raw material, research and development, rs 6, technology institute, textiles, union minister