Caroline Kennedy interested in Hillary Clinton’’s Senate seatDecember 6th, 2008 - 2:34 pm ICT by ANI
Albany (New York), Dec.6 (ANI): Caroline Kennedy, the daughter of former US President John Fitzgerald Kennedy, has reportedly interested in Hillary Clintons New York Senate seat.
According to the New York Daily News, Kennedy has called State Governor Paterson to discuss the two-year appointment and is “seriously considering” the job.
Her cousin, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., confirmed the news to the paper.
RFK Jr., whose father once held that Senate seat, said Caroline Kennedy and Paterson have spoken several times. He said the whole Kennedy clan would support her if she takes the seat and then runs for election in 2010.
“If she ran [in 2010], you would see the whole state flooded with Kennedys campaigning for her,” RFK Jr. said.
“There would be Kennedys no one even heard of. Our whole family would be delighted.”
Caroline Kennedy and the governor are expected to meet privately to discuss the matter today, when Paterson travels to Washington for a dinner. RFK Jr. said that although his 51-year-old cousin has shied away from politics, she’’s more open to the idea now because her kids are grown.
Paterson told New York 1 Friday night he “took a call” from Caroline Kennedy on Wednesday, but refused to discuss the details of the conversation. Clinton has said she won”t resign her New York seat till she is confirmed as Secretary of State.
President-elect Barack Obama, who won the endorsement of much of the Kennedy clan, including Caroline Kennedy, is clearly a fan. She campaigned for Obama, worked on the vice presidential search committee and spoke at the convention. Obama spokesman Stephanie Cutter said the President-elect “has a very high regard for Caroline Kennedy, but he has not spoken with Gov. Paterson or Caroline Kennedy about the race.” (ANI)
- Family will have to convince Caroline Kennedy to bid for Senate seat - Dec 08, 2008
- 20-1 odds against Caroline Kennedy getting Hillary Clintons NY Senate seat - Dec 08, 2008
- Ackerman says Caroline Kennedy no more qualified than JLo to be New York Senator - Dec 11, 2008
- Caroline Kennedy wants Clinton's Senate seat - Dec 16, 2008
- Caroline Kennedy to bid for Hillary Clintons Senate seat - Dec 16, 2008
- Kennedy clan ''disappointed'' over Caroline not becoming New York Senator - Jan 23, 2009
- Swift admires the Kennedy family - Sep 02, 2012
- Assembly Speaker Silver says he will support Caroline Kennedy if shes appointed to the Senate - Jan 02, 2009
- Hillarys supporters oppose Caroline Kennedy as her replacement for senate - Dec 15, 2008
- Bill Clinton touted as a possible N.Y. Senate ''caretaker'' - Jan 02, 2009
- Caroline Kennedy opts out of New York Senate race - Jan 22, 2009
- Caroline Kennedy hires key Democrat fixer to soothe critics - Dec 16, 2008
- Guv Paterson puts caution flag on Kennedys Senate seat front-runner tag - Dec 25, 2008
- Caroline Kennedy wont make financial disclosure till appointed Senator - Dec 23, 2008
- Kennedys spokesman decries ''mudslinging'' over her Senate bid - Jan 23, 2009
Tags: barack obama, caroline kennedy, cousin robert, hillary clinton, hillary clintons, john fitzgerald kennedy, kennedy clan, new york daily news, new york dec, new york senate, president elect, president john fitzgerald kennedy, presidential search committee, rfk jr, robert f kennedy, robert f kennedy jr, senate seat, state governor, state president, york seat