Canon rolls out 85 products for DiwaliOctober 22nd, 2008 - 8:02 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 22 (ANI/Business Wire India): Canon India Pvt. Limited, India’’s No 1.complete digital imaging company today announced the pre Diwali launch of 85 new state-of-the-art digital imaging products.
This is Canon’’s biggest product launch ever in India with the maximum number as well as the widest range of products being introduced on the same platform.
These include digital cameras, digital video camcorders, printers, All-in-Ones, digital copiers, software applications, cable id printers, card printers etc. The products launched are across its three divisions - Imaging Communication Products (ICP), Consumer Systems Product (CSP), Business Imaging Solutions (BIS).
These products are designed to add a whole new dimension to digital imaging for customers and garner greater market share for Canon in India.
Speaking on the occasion, Kensaku Konishi, President & CEO, Canon India said, “It has always been Canon’’s endeavour to delight customers with breakthrough technology packaged in contemporary style and design. Today, we continue the momentum with the widest range of products across divisions being introduced.” He added, “The products launched today will introduce some cutting-edge technologies and solutions to our customers in India thereby adding value to their business and lives.”
The event witnessed unveiling of new products across divisions. These include 30 products and six solutions from the Business Imaging Solutions (BIS) division, 28 products from Consumer Systems Product (CSP) division and 22 new products from Imaging Communication Products (ICP).
On the eve of the launch Alok Bharadwaj, Senior Vice President, Canon India said, “Canon believes in enabling connectivity between people, technology and lifestyle. We have always tried to manage this challenge by introducing the most innovative products with superior technology. This launch is the biggest of its kind that India has ever witnessed, with 85 products being launched simultaneously under one roof.” He further added, ” The highlight of this launch of the introduction of 10 new technology ”first’’s” from Canon. Canon aims at increasing its market share considerably across all product categories. The year 2009 will also see us focusing significantly on tier II and III cities, thereby reinforcing Canon’’s leadership in these markets.”
The products launched today include Canon’’s entry into two new categories of Cable ID printer and card printer. These printers are being launched under the name of NISCA which is a fully owned subsidiary of Canon Finetech Inc, Tokyo.
These printers are exclusively used for printing and writing electronic information on plastic cards. The card printers offers edge-to-edge capability for the production of drivers licenses, employee badges, government and college ID cards, prepaid phone cards, IC chip cards, and other identification cards and badges. The system can print one single-side card every 25 seconds (edge-to-edge format) and one dual-side card every 52 seconds (edge-to-edge format) using an automatic card flip-over feature, making it the fastest dual-side printer in its class. The market size for this printer is approx 100 cr and it is growing at 30 per cent per annum.
This is being used by segments such as corporate ID cards, education, telecom, transportation, banking, hospitality, retail. This is currently a disorganized segment and Canon is entering this market which hopefully will now attract more organized players. Canon will be conducting this business through distributors and card print service providers.
The Cable Id printers is a niche market and these products are used for printing on Sharp, durable and weather-resistant lettering on any labels or tubes like construction, control panel and manufacturing industries. The market for this segment is approx Rs.100 cr and growing at 33 per cent per annum. Canon will be distributing these through a national distributor based in Pune called Onyx.
Alongwith the launch of 85 new products from Canon, Canon also introduced the 10 technology ”first’’s” from Canon across product categories. Some of these include
– High Definition Video in SLR - EOS 5D Mark II is the first D-SLR, which enables still photography even while shooting movies. It also has a live view function setting - [Disable, stills only, or stills+movie]. The movies recorded in MOV format (Playable & editable via zoombrowser/Imagebrowser). Full HD (1920 x 1080) or standard SD (640 x 480) 30 fps movie recording is possible
– Digic IV Photo Processor - This processor is the fastest processor for digital cameras for Canon.
– iP v 6 - This is the first application from Canon which is ready for version 6 Internet protocol which is the future of communication.
– Auto Photo Fix - This new technology from Canon enables correction of still images while printing. It can correct imperfections like red eye, skin tone, contract etc while printing the images with its intelligent software. This application is being introduced for the first time by Canon in its Photo All-in-Ones.
– City Specific marketing - After successful campaigns focused to Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore, Canon will continue its marketing strategy of focused city specific campaign whereby all advertising and below the line marketing activities are customized to the specific city. This project will now be launched in Chennai and is also travelling to smaller cities such as Chandigarh, Jaipur, Kochi, Guwahati etc as ”Print City” project.
Bharadwaj added “The year 2009 will witness focus on enhancing product portfolios across categories, innovative marketing coupled with faster response to the market dynamics, expansion of retail presence and introduction of new technologies. Analysing the Indian market, Canon India has made a business decision to make a concerted effort to reach out to regional markets this year. To increase penetration in tier II & III markets Canon has implemented innovative marketing tactics like road shows and exhibitions to educate and connect with the huge consumer group.” (ANI)
- Canon to open 300 outlets across India's small towns - Nov 22, 2011
- Canon India teams with FTII to hone film-making talent - Sep 27, 2010
- Ricoh India targets Rs.1,000 crore revenue by 2014 - Nov 01, 2011
- Canon India to spend Rs.550 mn on ramping sales - Jan 07, 2010
- Indian company behind Africa's citizen ID project - Apr 11, 2011
- LG India ventures into business to business segment - Jun 07, 2011
- Now test LG's products at its demonstration zones - Jul 28, 2011
- Makerbot 3D Printer Creates Waves After Being Shown ON CBS - Jul 06, 2010
- Lenovo unveils 12 new products, sees double-digit market share - Jun 23, 2010
- Kodak files for bankruptcy - Jan 19, 2012
- Huawei unveils gigabit switches for Indian enterprises - Jun 25, 2012
- Canon eyes Rs.150 crore revenue from brand stores - Sep 19, 2012
- Eight Indian exhibitors to participate in BroadcastAsia2011 - May 03, 2011
- India's solar mission visionary: Australian report - Jun 26, 2011
- Canon to launch 40 new products in India by June - Mar 22, 2010
Tags: breakthrough technology, business imaging, card printers, communication products, complete digital imaging, cutting edge technologies, delight customers, design today, digital cameras digital, digital copiers, digital imaging company, digital imaging products, digital video camcorders, division 28, diwali, imaging solutions, india pvt, konishi, product launch, six solutions