Cancer-stricken Goody gets beaus name tattooed despite infection riskNovember 28th, 2008 - 3:33 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 28 (ANI): Despite the high risk of infection because of her chemotherapy treatment, cancer-struck Jade Goody has had her beaus name tattooed on her arm.
Doctors have warned the former Big Brother Star that the tattoo could lead to serious infection, because chemotherapy treatments for cervical cancer have weakened her immune system.
However, the 27-year-old was spotted with Jack tattooed on her wrist signifying her love for jailbird boyfriend Jack Tweed.
Goody was seen with the new needle job outside a tattoo shop near her home in Upshire, Essex, yesterday.
Most oncologists certainly wouldnt advise it while a patient is having chemotherapy, the Daily Star quoted GP Julian Spinks, as saying.
Theres two problems one is that chemotherapy lowers the immune system and an infection can become far more serious because of that.
The other is that healing will take a lot longer, Spinks added. (ANI)
- Jack Tweed and Mark Wright appear in court - Feb 23, 2011
- 'Disrespectful' Jack Tweed delays Jade Goody memorial service - Mar 22, 2010
- It is now a matter of hours for Jade Goody - Mar 15, 2009
- Jade Goody gets last wish to spend final days with kids at home - Mar 12, 2009
- Goody's widower wants wife's message tattooed - Mar 26, 2009
- Cancer-struck Jade Goody pays emotional visit to jailed beau - Sep 03, 2008
- Goody goes home for 'final weeks' - Mar 11, 2009
- Jack Tweed faces rape trial - Apr 12, 2010
- Goodys hubby rushes to her bedside after emergency - Mar 14, 2009
- Jack Tweed infuriates Jade Goody's family with book deal - Feb 28, 2011
- Goodys mum, hubby plan on giving her the perfect send-off - Mar 24, 2009
- Ok! magazine dedicates new edition cover to dying Jade Goody - Mar 18, 2009
- Tweed spends Goody's birthday by her grave - Jun 06, 2009
- Goody's widower held for sexual assault - Sep 05, 2009
- Brown calls Jade Goody 'courageous' as tributes pour in - Mar 22, 2009
Tags: big brother, cancer stricken, cervical cancer, chemotherapy, chemotherapy treatment, chemotherapy treatments, daily star, doctors, essex, gp, high risk, immune system, infection risk, jack tweed, jade goody, jailbird, julian, london, spinks, tattoo shop