Canada showcases trade, investment opportunities in GujaratJanuary 17th, 2011 - 7:09 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan.17 (ANI): Canada was a partner country at the fifth edition of the biennial Vibrant Gujarat investors summit that was held last week in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Canada fielded a strong business delegation, including from top Canadian firms from the information and communications technologies, oil and gas, infrastructure, clean technology and financial services sectors. A number of Canada’s provinces and federal agencies also participated.
Canada showcased Canadian commercial strengths in India, promoted Canada as an investment destination of choice, and provided a platform for Canadian businesses to engage with their Indian counterparts.
Canada’s High Commissioner to India Stewart Beck said, “Canada and India are committed to increasing annual bilateral trade to 15 billion dollars within the next five years. Canada is an innovative and business friendly country. Our participation at Vibrant Gujarat 2011 highlights Canada’s strengths, and showcases the natural synergies and economies of scale that Indian and Canadian business share.” (ANI)
- Canada is partner country at Vibrant Gujarat conclave - Jan 10, 2011
- Six Canadian MPs for Vibrant Gujarat summit - Dec 25, 2010
- 30 MNCs, 16 countries - Gujarat gears up for investor summit - Jan 11, 2011
- Narendra Modi makes strong pitch for 'Vibrant Gujarat' - Nov 23, 2010
- Modi's global investor summit promises Gujarat $333 bn (Roundup) - Jan 12, 2011
- Modi kicks off conclave that fetches Gujarat mega-billions - Jan 12, 2011
- Gujarat seeks Canadian investment in state (With Images) - Sep 07, 2010
- Business jets make a dash for Vibrant Gujarat (Diary) - Jan 12, 2011
- Vibrant Gujarat now international platform for investments: Modi - Jan 10, 2011
- Gujarat will power India's development: Narendra Modi (Lead) - Nov 23, 2010
- US seeks greater state and city engagement with India - Jun 22, 2012
- Canada becomes first western nation to partner 'Vibrant Gujarat' - Jul 22, 2010
- Canada-India Innovation Summit at Ottawa - May 31, 2011
- India's premier ICT event unveiled in tech hub - Oct 18, 2011
- Delhi to host Asia's largest defence exhibition - Mar 26, 2012
Tags: bilateral trade, billion dollars, business delegation, business share, canadian business, canadian businesses, clean technology, commercial strengths, communications technologies, economies of scale, financial services sectors, gandhinagar, gas infrastructure, indian counterparts, investment destination, next five years, partner country, showcased, trade investment, vibrant gujarat