Cambodian couple literally saw house in half after separationOctober 9th, 2008 - 7:02 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 9 (ANI): A married couple in Cambodia literally cut their house in half after they decided to go their own separate ways.
One half of the house was cut off by the husband and towed away to the other side of the village, while the other upright half has been left to his wife.
For them, neighbours said, it was the most cost-efficient and equitable way to avoid each other in a country where divorce lawyers could be expensive.
We tried to persuade them to think clearly before they did this because they had been married for nearly 40 years. But they did not listen, the Telegraph quoted Vorng Morn, the headman of Cheach village, fifty miles from the capital Phnom Penh, as telling the Phnom Penh Post.
According to Morn, who refused to name the couple to protect their identity, the break-up was caused either by the husband’’s alleged malingering, or the wife’’s alleged lack of care.
His wife said that if her husband got sick and stayed at home, she was made to pay for his medicine, but if he stayed at his parent’’s house, she wouldn”t have to pay. So they separated, Morn said.
The whole incident saw the husband’’s friends helping him move his wife’’s belongings to one side of the property, before chiselling and sawing half of the building off.
Until he reconstructs his half of the marital home the husband will live with his mother and father. (ANI)
- After 35-year litigation, couple separates amicably - Mar 10, 2011
- Swiss man jailed in Cambodia for child sex - Sep 14, 2012
- Jim Carrey's daughter splits from hubby after 1 year of marriage - Dec 08, 2010
- IFS woman's inter-caste marriage puts family under threat - Nov 02, 2011
- Court asks police to produce illegally confined girl - Jun 22, 2012
- Three tribal youth get life terms for murder - Feb 08, 2012
- 'Separated wife entitled to maintenance as per husband's financial status' - Feb 26, 2012
- One held for killing woman in front of her son - Sep 12, 2012
- Punjab slapgate: Headman arrested, bailed out - Dec 07, 2011
- Dacoits kill five of family in UP - Aug 10, 2012
- Haryana minister quits after murder taint (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Deshmukh's body reaches Latur, funeral in evening - Aug 15, 2012
- Teenager kills, burns parents in Haryana - May 14, 2012
- Haryana minister quits after murder taint (Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Family quarrels lead to killings, attempted murder in Maharashtra - Jun 29, 2012