Cabinet decides to revoke President’s rule in KarnatakaNovember 14th, 2007 - 10:17 am ICT by admin
Three weeks after a bitter public spat, both parties came together deciding to form the next coalition in the State under B S Yediyurappa’s leadership.
On Monday night, the BJP-JD(S) alliance paraded 125 MLAs before President Pratibha Patil, who were led by Yeddiyurappa.
Forty-five JD (S) and 80 BJP MLAs met Patil to demonstrate their right to be called to form a coalition government in Karnataka.
Chief Ministerial candidate Yeddyurappa and former Chief Minister and JD (S) leader H D Kumaraswamy together conveyed to the President that the combine has majority in the State Assembly.
Senior BJP leaders Venkaiah Naidu and Yashwant Sinha accompanied the group.
Four JDS MLAs — H D Revanna, Merajuddin Patel, B C Patil and Putte Gowda — stayed away citing personal reasons.
On October 29, both the BJP and the JD (S) paraded 129 MLAs in front of Karnataka Governor Rameshwar Thakur.
Earlier, Karnataka Governor Rameshwar Thakur had submitted his report on the political situation in the State to the Union Home Ministry. (ANI)
- Deve Gowda family has amassed Rs.1,500 crore assets: BJP (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Kannada writer takes on Hema Malini in Rajya Sabha polls - Feb 21, 2011
- BJP lawmaker elected Karnataka deputy speaker amid uproar - Jan 11, 2011
- Karnataka crisis remains on boil - Oct 10, 2010
- Congress, JD-S protest BJP move to suspend their legislators - Jan 14, 2011
- BJP appeals to Patil against president's rule in Karnataka (Lead) - May 17, 2011
- Congress undecided on disrupting Karnataka house - Jan 03, 2011
- Karnataka crisis: Fresh talks with dissidents MLAs in Goa - Oct 08, 2010
- Yeddyurappa 'compliments' Bhardwaj for helping unite BJP - May 17, 2011
- Kumaraswamy plans fast over illegal wealth charges - Jun 30, 2011
- BJP member elected Karnataka council deputy chairperson - Jan 17, 2011
- Sleazegate: BJP, opposition spar over three ministers - Feb 09, 2012
- Opposition forces governor to abandon speech, Yeddyurappa cries foul (Lead) - Jan 06, 2011
- Congress, JD-S seek Yeddyurappa's ouster; BJP woos rebels (Roundup) - May 14, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi holds discussions with party leaders on Karnataka crisis - Oct 12, 2010