Cabinet approves six laning of parts of NH-4, 8A, 8 in NHDP VJanuary 9th, 2010 - 8:13 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 9(ANI): The Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure on Friday approved the implementation of the project for six laning of the existing four lane sections under National Highway Development Projects (NHDP) Phase-V programme in the States of Gujarat, Maharashtra and Rajasthan.
The projects under NHDP Phase V will be implemented on Design, Build, Finance, Operate and Transfer (DBFOT) basis.
The Cabinet approved the six laning of 140.35 Kilometres long Pune-Satara Section in Maharashtra on NH-4, 56.16 Kilometres long Samakhiali-Gandhidham Section in Gujarat on NH-8A, and 242.51 Kilometres long Udaipur-Ahmedabad Section in Rajasthan and Gujarat on NH-8.
All these projects are the part of Golden Quadrilateral (GQ) and the total length covered is about 439 Kilometres.
The total project cost is estimated at Rs. 4279.94 crore under the DBFOT pattern.
The concession period is for 24 years including a construction period of 912 days for the first two projects while the concession period for the third project is 30 years including a construction period of 912 days.
The main object of these projects is to expedite the improvement of infrastructure in these States.
These projects are the stretches approved by the Government under the NHDP Phase V, apart from six-laning flyovers, vehicular underpasses, pedestrian underpasses, service roads, highway traffic management systems and other road safety measures will be provided in these sections.
The Cabinet gave approval for four/six laning of 6500 Kilometres of existing four lane National Highways under NHDP Phase V in Oct 2006.
The major impact of these projects lies in reducing the time and cost of travel for traffic. It will also improve the movement of goods to industrial corridors, increase the potential of employment opportunities to the local labourers for the project activities and strengthen the infrastructure on these stretches of National Highways.(ANI)
- Two-laning of Tindivanam-Krishnagiri highway approved - Nov 26, 2010
- Government clears three highway projects - Jan 12, 2012
- Four-laning of highway in Madhya Pradesh approved - Sep 06, 2011
- Ramky Infra bags two road projects worth Rs.2,240.65 crore - Dec 01, 2011
- Cabinet approves upgradation of NH 17 under NHDP III - Jan 09, 2010
- Cabinet approves two laning of Tindivanam - Krishnagiri section of NH-66 - Nov 26, 2010
- Centre approves Rs 1,479 crore under NHDP in Jharkhand - Aug 20, 2010
- Government approves 15 highway projects worth Rs.15,680 crore - Nov 16, 2011
- L&T; clinches Rs.2,164-crore road development project - Dec 13, 2011
- Nod to highway projects worth Rs.4,814 crore - Mar 01, 2012
- CCI approves road construction projects in Arunachal Pradesh - Mar 04, 2010
- Punj Lloyd bags Rs.1,050-crore highway project - Dec 28, 2011
- Government clears four loaning of Ranchi-Jamshedpur highway - Aug 20, 2010
- IVRCL arm bags Rs.1,300 crore highway project - Jan 30, 2012
- Delhi-Agra run cut by half as Yamuna Expressway opens (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: 24 years, 8a, cabinet committee, concession, construction period, crore, development projects, golden quadrilateral, gq, gujarat, highway traffic, industrial corridors, labourers, laning, maharashtra, national highways, road safety measures, service roads, stretches, traffic management systems