Cabinet approves setting up two AIIMS-like institutionsFebruary 5th, 2009 - 10:08 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb. 5 (ANI): The Union Cabinet on Thursday approved the proposal to set up two AIIMS-like institutions in Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal in the second phase of Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY).
The proposed institutions on the lines of the All India Institution of Medical Sciences will have a 960-bedded hospital intended to provide healthcare facilities in 39 speciality or super-speciality disciplines for each.
The 500 beds will be allotted for the medial college hospital, while 300 beds would be reserved for Speciality or Super Speciality departments. Hundred beds will be for ICU or Accident trauma, and 30 beds each for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Ayush.
Medical Colleges will have 100 UG intake besides facilities for imparting PG or doctoral courses in various disciplines, largely based on Medical Council of India (MCI) norms and also nursing college conforming to Nursing Council norms.
Estimated cost of each AIIMS- like institution is 823 crore rupees.
The Cabinet has also approved to upgrade five existing Government medical college institutions, in the second phase of PMSSY. (Government Medical College, Amritsar, Punjab, Government Medical College, Tanda, Himachal Pradesh, Government Medical College, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, Government Medical College, Nagpur, Maharashtra and Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College of Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh)
Proposal for upgrading a medical college in Haryana has also been approved.
Upgradation of each medical college institution will be at an estimated cost of 150 crores rupees.
The Central Government will contribute 125 crore rupees and a minimum amount of 25 crore rupees will be borne by the respective State Governments.
The total Upgradation cost of the Aligarh Muslim University, however, will be borne by the Central Government. (ANI)
- Separate societies for six AIIMS-like institutions to be set up under PMSSY - Aug 26, 2010
- Cabinet gives nod to set up six AIIMS-like institutions - Mar 19, 2010
- Work on AIIMS-like institution to begin in Chhattisgarh - Nov 04, 2009
- Incentive for fast completion of AIIMS-like hospitals - Nov 16, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal to get AIIMS-like institutes: Azad - Jul 10, 2009
- With Rs.1,100 crore, AIIMS bags highest budget share - Mar 16, 2012
- Six AIIMS-like institutions to be registered as societies - Aug 09, 2010
- Cabinet clears societies to run six AIIMS-like institutions - Aug 09, 2010
- AIIMS gets Rs.1,000 crore in budget - Feb 28, 2011
- Akhilesh seeks three more AIIMS-like institutes in UP - May 18, 2012
- Mumbai to have super-speciality government hospital - Jan 02, 2012
- India to get two more premier referral medical institutes - Feb 05, 2009
- Cabinet approves creation of senior posts for six AIIMS like institutions - Jul 17, 2008
- Azad announces re-development plan for RML Hospital - Mar 05, 2012
- 25,000 Indian-origin British doctors to return to India - Jan 03, 2010
Tags: aiims, aligarh muslim university, aligarh muslim university aligarh, college institution, crore rupees, doctoral courses, government medical college, jawaharlal nehru, jawaharlal nehru medical college, mantri, medical colleges, medical council of india, medical council of india mci, nursing council, physical medicine and rehabilitation, speciality departments, state governments, tamil nadu government, west bengal, yojana