Cabinet approves scaling up services of management of drug resistant tuberculosisMarch 3rd, 2011 - 9:38 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 3(ANI): The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs on Thursday approved the proposal of Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry for scaling up services for diagnosis, care and management of drug resistant tuberculosis under Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme (RNTCP) with assistance from Global Fund at an estimated cost of Rs.649.02 crore.
The upgradation envisages procurement of second line drugs, scaling up of laboratory services and provision of technical assistance.
With the scaling up of diagnosis, care and management services for Multi Drug Resistant TB (MDR-TB), the RNTCP shall establish 43 state of the art laboratories using latest diagnostic technologies throughout the country.
The project shall also scale up care and management of MDR-TB in the country resulting in the initiation of treatment of 55,000 cases.
The project shall continue till September 2015. (ANI)
- 'Time to scale up work on TB control' - Jan 24, 2012
- Global Fund approves TB funding for government and civil society led proposal in India - Dec 07, 2009
- Central team to probe drug resistant TB cases in Mumbai - Jan 17, 2012
- India, China account for 45 percent multi-drug resistant TB - Aug 27, 2010
- Berlin 2010: TB, HIV and Lung Health: From research and innovation to solutions - Nov 02, 2010
- 90-minute TB test not a game changer for India - Aug 29, 2011
- India battles staggering tuberculosis burden (March 24 is World TB Day) - Mar 23, 2011
- Awareness programmes mark World Tuberculosis Day in Delhi - Mar 24, 2011
- Health ministry to tweak TB campaign - Mar 23, 2011
- People with drug-resistant tuberculosis are neglected by governments - Apr 01, 2009
- A childhood free from tuberculosis (TB) - Jul 17, 2010
- TB causing half million annual deaths in South-East Asia: WHO - Mar 22, 2012
- New focus to national TB control programme - Mar 23, 2011
- 'Urgent measures needed to control drug resistant TB' - Mar 23, 2012
- 36 mln people with TB cured, eight mln lives saved since 1995 - Dec 09, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,