Cabinet approves ONGC Videsh investments in Venezuela, QatarMarch 3rd, 2008 - 10:08 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Mar 3 (ANI): The Union Cabinet today gave its approval to ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL)S investments in Venezuela and Qatar.
The Cabinet gave its nod to the following proposals on the basis of the recommendations made by Empowered Committee of Secretaries (EFS):
i) San Cristobal Project, Venezuela :
To authorize OVL for formation of a Joint Venture Company with CVP/Petroleos De Venezuela S.A. (PDVSA), Venezuela for development of San Cristobal field located in Orinoco Oil belt, directly or through OVLs existing and new wholly owned subsidiary.
ii) Najwat Najem Appraisal, Development and Production Sharing Agreement (NNADPSA) Qatar Project : To authorize OVL to invest upto USD 102.21 million in the project directly through its own resources.
iii) To authorize ONGC to provide funding and guarantee support to OVL, if required in both the projects above without seeking budgetary support from the Government of India. (ANI)
- Latin America - Energising India (Comment) - Jun 21, 2012
- Japan, South Korea plan big oil investments in Venezuela - Apr 30, 2012
- Russian firm to operate two oil fields in Venezuela - Apr 13, 2012
- ONGC-led consortium to invest $3 billion in Venezuela - Jul 11, 2012
- Italian oil giant to invest $7 bn in Venezuela - Jul 16, 2011
- Venezuela pays Exxon $250 mn for nationalized assets - Feb 17, 2012
- Venezuela, China announce joint oil venture - Apr 20, 2010
- ONGC Videsh declares progressive 2009-10 financial results - May 22, 2010
- India, Venezuela sign a landmark oil sector cooperation agreement - Apr 09, 2008
- Indian firms to increase oil production in Venezuela - May 06, 2010
- Cabinet approves $2.18 bn investment in Venezuela oil block - Mar 19, 2010
- Venezuela to pay nationalized US firms $420 mn - Mar 26, 2012
- CCEA approves additional investment in OVL block BC-10, Brazil - Nov 12, 2009
- ONGC Videsh targets 20 mn tonnes output by 2020 - Aug 18, 2011
- Venezuela, Cuba sign oil exploration treaty - Apr 23, 2010
Tags: budgetary support, cvp, government of india, guarantee support, joint venture company, najem, New Delhi, nod, orinoco oil belt, ovl, own resources, pdvsa, pdvsa venezuela, petroleos de venezuela, proposals, qatar, san cristobal project, secretaries, union cabinet, wholly owned subsidiary