Cabinet approves enactment of National Jute Board Bill, 2006November 14th, 2007 - 8:18 am ICT by admin
The establishment of a National Jute Board is envisaged in the Government’s National Jute Policy, 2005.
The Cabinet also gave its approval for introduction of a Bill in Parliament after incorporating a provision of laying the annual report and audited accounts of Central universities before the Parliament.
The amended Bill will be called the Central Universities Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2007.
This would ensure laying in Parliament of the annual reports and audited accounts of the concerned Central universities in fulfilment of the recommendation of the Parliamentary Committee, a Cabinet release said. (ANI)
- Introduce Land Acquisition Bill this session: Standing committee - Aug 26, 2011
- Amendment to check unfair practices in educational institutions - Nov 16, 2011
- Government hopeful of passing important education bills - Apr 22, 2012
- Special cabinet meeting on Lokpal likely Monday - Dec 16, 2011
- Cabinet okays banking laws amendment bill - Apr 26, 2012
- List of bills on monsoon agenda (To go with parliament curtain raiser) - Jul 31, 2011
- Cabinet approves amendments to four key bills (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Lok Sabha takes up judicial accountability bill - Dec 28, 2011
- Lokpal bill in parliament by Wednesday: Bansal (Lead) - Jul 29, 2011
- Union Cabinet approves Judicial Accountability Bill with amendments - Oct 05, 2010
- Government ready to accept any formulation on n-bill: Chavan - Aug 23, 2010
- Prime Minister's statement on coal block allocation - Aug 27, 2012
- Government unveils 31 bills for passing, 23 for introduction - Nov 16, 2011
- Rent Wakf property at market rates: Parliamentary panel - Dec 16, 2011
- Lokpal bill may get cabinet nod Sunday (Lead) - Dec 15, 2011
Tags: amendment bill, annual report, annual reports, audited accounts, envisaged, establishment, fulfilment, jute, parliament, parliamentary committee, parliamentary standing committee, provision, universities