Cabinet approves amendments in the pending Labour Laws BillNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:50 am ICT by admin
The simplified forms to be introduced by these amendments will give relief to employers of establishments employing up to 40 workers in maintaining registers and submitting returns under various labour laws.
The Cabinet also gave its approval for making necessary amendments in the Tyre Corporation of India Limited (Disinvestment of ownership) Bill, 2007, presently pending in the Lok Sabha.
The TCIL is a nationalized Public Sector Enterprise PSE and as per the advice of Ministry of Law and Justice, prior approval of Parliament is required for changing the nature of PSE from a government company to a non-government company, a government release stated.
“The Company can be revived on a sustainable manner only through joint venture for which change in nature of the PSE will be required,” the release added.
The Cabinet today gave its approval to the promulgation of Daman and Diu Value added Tax (Amendment) Regulation, 2007; and the Dadra and Nagar Haveli Value Added Tax (Amendment) Regulation, 2007.
The Cabinet also gave its approval to the following decision :
i) to reiterate the earlier decision of June 30, 2005 of the Government that Purchase Preference Policy for Products and Services of CPSEs will be terminated with effect from March 31, 2008
ii) the preferential purchase policies framed for the specific sectors by the concerned Ministries / Departments within the relevant Act of Parliament or otherwise do not come within the purview of the decision at (I) above. The concerned Ministries / Departments may independently evolve / review preferential policies for the sectors of their concern, as per their requirement; and
iii) to communicate the above decisions to the Supreme Court of India.
This decision will result in a level playing field between CPSEs and private sector players and increase competition. (ANI)
- Cabinet clears position of Prasar Bharati employees - Nov 01, 2011
- Public sector needs more support in globalised environment: Praful Patel - Mar 09, 2011
- Free education for children in Israel - Jan 09, 2012
- Prime Minister's statement on coal block allocation - Aug 27, 2012
- Government to introduce mining bill next parliament session - Sep 30, 2011
- Banking activities paralysed as strike begins - Aug 22, 2012
- Praful Patel to hold interactive session with Public Sector Enterprises - Mar 07, 2011
- 39 sick PSEs revived, making profit - Aug 19, 2010
- Land acquisition bill referred to group of ministers - Aug 28, 2012
- Ahluwalia defends Manmohan Singh's role in 2G case - Aug 07, 2011
- Government told to decide fast on bio-fuels programme: Parliament panel - May 07, 2012
- Government hopeful of passing important education bills - Apr 22, 2012
- Cabinet okays Rs.1,400 crore interest subsidy for exporters - Dec 30, 2010
- Sebi raises minimum level for portfolio investments - Jan 28, 2012
- Government sets up board to boost manufacturing - Jun 03, 2012
Tags: dadra, disinvestment, establishments, labour laws, Lok Sabha, ministry of law, necessary amendments, parliament, preferential policies, pse, public sector enterprise, purchase policies, purview, registers, reiterate, sectors, supreme court of india, tcil, value added tax