Cabinet approves amendments in the air services agreementNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:03 am ICT by admin
Article 10 (Tariffs) has been amended. As per this amended article, the designated airlines of the respective parties are free to decide the fares based on commercial considerations and are not required to file tariffs for international air services between the territories of the parties.
Article 15 (Aviation Security) has been re-drafted as per our model standard clause.
Besides, a new Article has been introduced with regard to safety provision. This is as per our model standard clause.
A new Article has been introduced with regard to Co-operative Marketing arrangements, which would enable the designated airlines of both sides to operate code-share flights including third country code share.
The amendments have the potential to spur greater trade, investment, tourism and cultural exchanges between the two countries, besides bringing it in line with the developments in International Civil Aviation. (ANI)
- Government to set up aviation university: Vayalar Ravi - Oct 17, 2011
- India seeks more code-sharing to boost travel to Canada - Jul 01, 2011
- Etihad starts codeshare flights with Chinese carrier - Mar 02, 2012
- Cabinet paves way for more air services to Saudi Arabaia (Lead) - Sep 17, 2009
- May concede some of Trinamool's Lokpal concerns: Chidambaram (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
- India, Australia amend tax treaty - Dec 16, 2011
- Cable networks must go digital by 2014 - May 08, 2012
- Errant judges may not be able to abort impeachment: Rajya Sabha MP's bill - Jul 22, 2012
- India, Iraq modify bilateral air service pact - Oct 19, 2010
- BJP flags fresh concerns on nuclear bill - Aug 19, 2010
- UAE, Panama sign 'open sky' agreement - Nov 17, 2010
- Delta acquires minority stake in Brazilian airline - Dec 08, 2011
- Kingfisher Airlines, American Airlines to share codes - Nov 23, 2010
- Delta Airlines buys stake in Aeromexico - Jun 06, 2012
- Government 'may' redraft Lokayukta provision: Chidambaram - Dec 31, 2011
Tags: air services agreement, airlines, amendments, article 9, clause, co operative, code share flights, commercial considerations, cultural exchanges, free to decide, international air services, international civil aviation, marketing arrangements, new article, operational details, regard to, safety provision, tariffs, trade investment