Cabinet approves amendment in the Mines and Minerals ActNovember 15th, 2007 - 10:47 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Nov 15 (ANI): The Union Cabinet today gave its approval for introduction of an amendment Bill of the Mines and Minerals (Development and regulation) Act, 1957 in the Rajya Sabha during the Winter Session of the Parliament.
The Bill when enacted would introduce auction through competitive bidding as a selection process for allocation of coal blocks for captive mining for specified or notified end uses.
This will make allocation of coal blocks not only objective but also transparent, a government release claimed.
The Cabinet gave its approval for moving a resolution by the Minister of Railways in both the Houses of Parliament for adoption of the recommendations of the Railway Convention Committee (2004)’s Sixth Report.
The Cabinet today also gave its approval for increasing the authorized capital of India Tourism Development Corporation from Rs. 75.00 crore to Rs. 150.00 crore by creating 7.5 crore equity shares worth Rs. 10/- each.
The increase in the authorized capital would enable ITDC to renovate its hotels, so as to make them commercially competitive in this field, the government stated. (ANI)
- BJP stalling parliament to hide own secrets: Congress - Sep 12, 2012
- Prime Minister's statement on coal block allocation - Aug 27, 2012
- Congress rejects call for cancelling coal blocks - Aug 29, 2012
- Cancelling coal blocks not possible: Jairam Ramesh - Sep 13, 2012
- PM's defence of coal blocks allocation unconvincing: Advani (Lead) - Sep 02, 2012
- Parliament adjourned as logjam continues - Sep 05, 2012
- Coal block allocations made by best screening committee: Jaiswal - Aug 17, 2012
- Opposition slams Narayanasamy on CAG mandate comment - Aug 18, 2012
- Government mulls competitive bidding of coal blocks - May 24, 2011
- Rs.1.85 lakh crore coal blocks loss is flawed, says minister - Aug 26, 2012
- Inter-ministerial group reviews coal block allocations - Sep 03, 2012
- BJP urges Mamata to pull plug from UPA - Sep 01, 2012
- BJP is misleading country on coal issue: Congress - Sep 13, 2012
- Highlights of CAG's report on coal block allocations - Aug 17, 2012
- Greenpeace for halting any further coal blocks allocation - Sep 11, 2012
Tags: allocation, amendment bill, authorized capital, blocks, capital of india, coal, competitive bidding, convention committee, crore, houses of parliament, india tourism, itdc, minerals, rajya sabha, regulation act, shares worth, tourism development corporation, union cabinet, worth rs