Businessman murder: Shutdown affects normal life in JamshedpurNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:21 am ICT by admin
Several political parties, business and traders associations and organisations supported the shutdown.
Hundreds of supporters, demanding the immediate arrest of Dey’s killers, took to streets and halted the Puri-New Delhi Purusotham Express for over half an hour,
BJP Jharkhand unit general secretary D Goswami claimed that the shutdown evoked “total and spontaneous response”.
Meanwhile, police said that no break through has been made in connection with the killing of Dey.
Dey, 53, was gunned down by motorcycle-borne assailants, when he was on his way to his shop in the Sakchi area on Friday.
On Friday, Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda directed the police to nab the culprits at the earliest.
According to sources, Dey had been receiving extortion threats over for last few months.
Sreeleathers has showrooms across the country including Kolkata, Jamshedpur and Delhi, and in the US. The chain is run by the Dey family and a conglomeration of dealers all over the country. (ANI)
- BJP calls for shutdown of Jamshedpur today - Nov 14, 2007
- Three sentenced to life for killing shoe baron - Sep 21, 2011
- Three convicted for killing shoe baron - Sep 17, 2011
- Shutdown call a success in Jharkhand - May 31, 2012
- Ranch shops shut till noon in support of Anna - Aug 19, 2011
- Marandi seeking Maoist help to win Jamshedpur by-poll: Munda - Jun 30, 2011
- Shutdown against FDI gets good response in Jharkhand - Dec 01, 2011
- Around 50 percent voting in Jharkhand bypoll - Jul 01, 2011
- Jamshedpur residents panic after series of violent crimes - Jan 12, 2010
- With RS horse trading reports, Jharkhand in news for wrong reasons - Mar 31, 2012
- 'Files pending as Jharkhand top brass focuses on by-poll' - Jun 28, 2011
- Buses damaged, trains movement disrupted in Bengal (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Maoists' shutdown call hits life in Chhattisgarh - Jul 30, 2012
- Police complaint against Jharkhand BJP president - Jul 02, 2011
- Separatists' strike affects life in Kashmir - Nov 25, 2011
Tags: bjp, business establishments, chief minister, conglomeration, culprits, dey, educational institutions, extortion threats, general secretary, gunned down, jamshedpur, jharkhand, koda, kolkata, madhu, nab, puri, shutdown, spontaneous response, vehicular traffic