Bush playing Cupid for daughter Barbara and Michael Phelps?August 27th, 2008 - 6:37 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, August 27 (ANI): Golden Olympian Michael Phelps has apparently made a special place in U.S. President George W. Bushs daughter Barbaras heart, for she reportedly kept on telling her friends that the swimmer could be spectacular during the Beijing Games.
“Barbara, 26, often talked about Phelps, 23, with her friends even before the Beijing Olympic Games,” chinaview.cn quoted the Globe Magazine as saying in a report.
The journal said that Barbaras words suggested that she admired Phelps” swimming skills, and considered him to be a charming and handsome athlete.
The report also said that the U.S. President might like to play Cupid, for it was he who introduced Barbara to Phelps after he won his unprecedented eight-gold quest in men’’s 400 individual medley final on August 10.
Bush is said to have invited Phelps to be a special guest in White House next month.
He is also said to have mentioned that he would let Barbara accompany Phelps during the stay. (ANI)
- China set to challenge US dominance in pool - Jul 11, 2012
- Phelps, Lochte showdown in 200m medley - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympics: Michael Phelps bids farewell - Aug 05, 2012
- Phelps becomes history's most medaled Olympian (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Phelps confirms retirement after London Olympics - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympic gatecrasher now hogs limelight in virtual world (Olympic diary) - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympics: Phelps adds another feather - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympics swimming: Rochte claims gold, Phelps off podium (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympics: Phelps misses out on gold, but claims record - Aug 01, 2012
- Phelps to swim 400m medley at US trials - Jun 25, 2012
- Phelps and I will still be friends, says Lochte - Jul 29, 2012
- Phelps wins 400m medley gold at Austin meet - Jan 15, 2012
- Phelps wants to have fun at Olympic swansong - Jul 27, 2012
- Lochte beats Phelps in 400m medley - Jun 26, 2012
- Olympics of superstitions (Olympic diary) - Jul 30, 2012