Buddhist monks offer prayers for victims of Air France Flight 447June 4th, 2009 - 2:56 pm ICT by ANI
Bodh Gaya, June 4 (ANI): Buddhist monks and nuns here offered prayer for the victims of Air France Flight 447, which crashed in the Atlantic Ocean on Sunday night en route from Rio de Janeiro to Paris with 228 passengers on board.
Devotees also joined the monks and nuns in their prayer meet, who were seen praying at the premises of the Mahabodhi Temple.
“The incident that happened in Brazil was very unfortunate. Around 200 people died. None of the passengers would have thought that they would meet such a fate while boarding the flight, but unfortunately such thing happened. So the only thing we can do is to pray for the dead because prayer is such a powerful thing, which no money or weapon can replace if we truly believe in it,” said Bhane Priyepal, a Buddhist monk.
Search crews flying over the Atlantic found debris from a crashed Air France jet spread over more than 55 miles of ocean on Wednesday, reinforcing the possibility it broke up in the air.
Experts said extreme turbulence or decompression might have caused the Airbus A330 to splinter.
Air force pilots searching the area have reported no signs of survivors.
Officials said recovering the bodies might be extremely difficult. (ANI)
- Debris of 2009 Air France crash found - Apr 05, 2011
- Investigators find black box from crashed Air France flight - May 02, 2011
- Buddhist monks in India pray for quake victims - Mar 13, 2011
- Body recovered from 2009 Air France flight - May 05, 2011
- Pilot training blamed for 2009 Air France crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Bodies found, no black box among 2009 Air France crash wreckage - Apr 05, 2011
- Buddhist monks to get ID cards in Bodh Gaya - Sep 02, 2011
- Air France-KLM CEO Pierre-Henri Gourgeon resigns - Oct 18, 2011
- Air France Rio crash: Jet plunged in minutes - May 27, 2011
- Dalai Lama prays at Bodh Gaya ahead of Kalachakra puja - Dec 31, 2011
- SpiceJet bomb scare creates chaos in Kathmandu - Sep 25, 2011
- PM shares grief with France and Brazil - Jun 02, 2009
- Air France AF447 had terror suspects onboard - Jun 11, 2009
- Struggle for gender equality in Buddhism ups global pitch - Dec 02, 2011
- Possible Air France AF447 2009 crash debris sighted - Jun 02, 2009
Tags: AF447, air experts, air force pilots, air france, air france flight, airbus a330, atlantic ocean, bodh gaya, buddhist monk, buddhist monks and nuns, debris, decompression, devotees, extreme turbulence, mahabodhi temple, monks and nuns, powerful thing, prayers, premises, rio de janeiro, search crews