Buddhadeb Govt responsible for Nandigram violence: DasmunshiMay 4th, 2008 - 10:07 pm ICT by admin
Nandigram, May 4 (ANI): Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Priya Ranjan Dasmunshi on Sunday accused the Left Front West Bengal government on the violence that was recently witnessed in Nandigram and said it had made the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) inactive in the area.
Ill inform the Centre about the state governments motivated handling of CRPF. The CRPF is unable to act freely in Nandigram because of the Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee governments administrative manipulation, said Dashmunshi.
Dasmunshi who is also Western Province Cricket Club (WPCC) chief was speaking at a meeting of party workers at Nandakumar, about 40 kilometres from Nandigram on Sunday.
He further said that before sending the CRPF in Nandigram in November last year, he knew that the central force would be used to further the cause of Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI -M) cadres.
And that is exactly what is happening now, Dasmunshi said.
About 400 people are at present lodged in relief camps in Nandigram. I’ll also send a report to the Centre stating the reason for their leaving homes. The situation is fast going beyond control. Some strong steps should be taken immediately, he said.
He also spoke on the issue of price rise, by saying that there was bumper food production in West Bengal this year.
I have information that rice, potato, wheat and vegetables are being sent to Bangladesh through hoarders and blackmarketeers under covert support of the state administration, he said.
Congress demands an explanation from the State Finance Minister Asim Dasgupta on the issue, he said. (ANI)
- Remark on Dasmunshi angers West Bengal Congress - Sep 18, 2010
- Mamata government giving misleading information: Dasgupta - Mar 24, 2012
- West Bengal starts selling procured potatoes to traders - Oct 08, 2010
- Potato to be sold through ration shops in Bengal - Jul 25, 2012
- Bengal ration shops to continue potato sales till prices fall (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Mamata to write to PM on Indo-Bhutan joint river panel - Jun 08, 2012
- Online lottery legalised by Mamata government: CPI-M - Sep 12, 2011
- CPI urges Mamata Banerjee to check human trafficking - Jul 15, 2011
- CPI-M pulls up former minister for criticising Buddhadeb - May 18, 2011
- Look forward to discussions with Mitra: Asim Dasgupta - Jun 02, 2011
- Eight Bengal districts may be declared drought-affected - Aug 06, 2010
- West Bengal waives amusement tax for World Cup ties - Jan 25, 2011
- West Bengal calls for centre-state cooperation on black money - Feb 28, 2011
- West Bengal to provide subsidy on diesel, kerosene - Jul 26, 2010
- 11 West Bengal districts identified as drought-hit - Aug 16, 2010
Tags: asim, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, crpf, dasgupta, finance minister, food production, hoarders, nandakumar, police force, priya ranjan, relief camps, reserve police, state administration, state finance, state governments, west bengal government, western province cricket, western province cricket club, wpcc