Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee escapes unhurt in accidentMarch 19th, 2009 - 6:23 pm ICT by ANI
Kolkata, March 19 (ANI): West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee’’s escaped unhurt in an accident on Thursday after the police pushed a person who drove his two-wheeler into Bhattacharjee’’s convoy.
Bhattacharjee was heading towards the state secretariat from his 59A Palm Avenue residence in the southern part of Kolkata.
The person is being interrogated at the Park Street police station. His motorbike has also been seized.
The police has ruled out the possibility of an attack on the Chief Minister.
A senior police officer accepted a breach in the Chief Minister’’s security cover was a lapse, and therefore, the entire security system is being reviewed. (ANI)
- Movie buff Buddhadeb skips Kolkata film fest opening - Nov 11, 2011
- Six bullet wounds among 20 injuries on Kishenji's body: Autopsy - Nov 27, 2011
- Buddhadeb files papers from Jadavpore - Apr 05, 2011
- Motoryclist breaks into convoy of West Bengal chief minister - Mar 19, 2009
- Mamata's bid to de-politicise education (West Bengal Newsletter) - Nov 05, 2011
- Five Maoists arrested in West Bengal - Dec 05, 2010
- Tight security for Mamata's swearing-in - May 19, 2011
- Top Maoist leaders arrested in West Bengal (Second Lead) - Dec 04, 2010
- Two voters die, 64 percent turnout till 3 p.m. in Bengal (Fourth Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Buddhadeb loses from Jadavpore - May 13, 2011
- Buddhadeb lashes out at Mamata for campus violence - Jan 13, 2012
- Top woman Maoist surrenders, Mamata says Holi gift (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Bhattacharjee assures JSW of security for Salboni plant - Feb 08, 2010
- Buddhadeb loses from Jadavpore (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- 15 cartridges seized from ex-Bengal minister's house (Lead) - Aug 13, 2011