BSP wins in Colonelganj, Bilgram Assembly pollsApril 16th, 2008 - 5:05 pm ICT by admin
Lucknow, Apr 16 (ANI): Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) candidates have won the Colonelganj (Gonda) and Bilgram (Hardoi) Assembly seats by comfortable margins.
Brij Singh defeated her nearest rival by a margin of 9,737 votes and Rajni Tiwari won Bilgram seat by 30,168 votes, official sources said in Lucknow.
By-elections to three Assembly seats, Bilgram (Hardoi), Colonelganj (Gonda) and Moradnagar (Ghaziabad) and two Lok Sabha seats Azamgarh and Khalilabad were held on 12th April.
BSP candidate Rajpal Tyagi is leading in Moradnagar, sources said.
In Khalilabad, BSP candidate Bhismshankar Tiwari is leading by a margin of over 5,000 votes while in Azamgarh.
A tough contest between party candidate Akbar Ahmad Dampi and SP candidate Balram Singh Yadav is evident. (ANI)
- Samajwadi Party lost by-polls with heavy margins - Apr 17, 2008
- BSP scores win after win in Uttar Pradesh by-poll - Apr 16, 2008
- On Delhi's edge, BSP holds sway (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- 40 % cast votes in UP by-poll, 70 % polling in West Bengal by-poll - Apr 12, 2008
- BSP sweeps by-elections in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 16, 2008
- Uttar Pradesh bypolls for five seats Saturday - Apr 11, 2008
- Polling begins for Uttar Pradesh by-polls - Apr 12, 2008
- Tight security arrangements for UP by-polls - Apr 11, 2008
- Nominations for fourth phase begin in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 25, 2012
- All eyes on Lucknow in fourth phase of UP polls - Feb 18, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council polls begin - Jan 07, 2010
- Peaceful polling in UP, young Lucknow voters queue up (Third Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- SP sends maximum women candidates to UP assembly - Mar 07, 2012
- 57 percent turnout estimated in UP poll's fourth phase (Evening Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- UP: SP on top, BJP surges, BSP set for rout (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012