BSNL staff on indefinite strike from todayApril 20th, 2010 - 1:03 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 20 (ANI): Over three lakh staff of the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) will begin an indefinite strike on Tuesday to protest VRS and divestment proposals of the Sam Pitroda committee.
The strike call has been given by a joint forum of unions that has both executives and non-executives as members.
The employees unions are protesting against the recommendations of the Pitroda Committee report that favoured 30 per cent divestment in the PSU and voluntary retirement to nearly one lakh staff.
The Sam Pitroda panel was set up by Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh to suggest ways to improve BSNL’s financial health.
The unions are also demanding not to outsource any work of the company and revision of pension of the retirees.
General Secretary of National Federation of Telecom Employees Chandeshwar Singh said that the employees have not heard any concrete decision from the management or the government. (ANI)
- BSNL staff to strike work April 20 to protest divestment - Mar 16, 2010
- BSNL staff to go on indefinite strike from April 20 - Mar 23, 2010
- BSNL workers on indefinite strike from Tuesday - Apr 15, 2010
- BSNL workers on strike against divestment - Apr 20, 2010
- BSNL submits proposal on voluntary retirement to DoT - Nov 30, 2011
- BSNL staff call off strike on government assurance (Lead) - Apr 20, 2010
- BSNL staff on fast, threaten strike Oct 10 - Sep 27, 2011
- Revenues from 3G auction may touch Rs.45,000 crore: Raja - Apr 21, 2010
- Telecom services hit in northeast due to employees' strike - Dec 16, 2011
- BSNL employees strike hits services in northeast India - Apr 20, 2010
- BSNL employees strike affects telecommunication services in country - Aug 19, 2009
- Shutdown hits commercial life in Himachal (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Banks, insurance companies shut in Himachal - Feb 28, 2012
- Employees' strike won't hit operations: BSNL (Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 19, 2009
- Banking services hit for second day in India (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
Tags: bharat sanchar nigam, bharat sanchar nigam ltd, bsnl, committee report, dr manmohan singh, favoured, financial health, general secretary, indefinite strike, joint forum, manmohan, manmohan singh, national federation, New Delhi, prime minister, proposals, sam pitroda, telecom, unions, voluntary retirement