BSF shoots intruder trying to enter IndiaJanuary 21st, 2011 - 11:32 am ICT by IANS
Jammu, Jan 21 (IANS) Indian border guards Friday morning shot dead a suspected intruder trying to sneak into Indian territory from across the international border in Jammu region of Jammu and Kashmir even as Pakistani forces also opened fire, defence sources said.Border Security Force (BSF) troopers noticed suspicious movement in Pargwal sector along the international border, 40 km northwest of Jammu, at 4.15 a.m. On being challenged, the intruders fired at the BSF personnel manning the Rapura post in the area, the sources said.
Pakistani Rangers manning the border on the other side also opened fire, which was apparently to provide cover fire to the intruders, the sources said, adding that the BSF retaliated.
The exchange of fire lasted for about half-an-hour. One intruder was killed, the source said.
The BSF is conducting searches in the area.
- BSF trooper injured in firing by Pakistani Rangers - Dec 30, 2011
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again, BSF trooper killed - Jul 07, 2010
- Trooper killed in firing from Pakistan (Lead) - Jul 06, 2010
- Pakistani Rangers fire on Indian post on Independence Day - Aug 15, 2012
- BSF trooper hurt in Pakistani firing - Jul 21, 2010
- Pakistan Army, Rangers fire on Indian posts on LoC, border (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- BSF trooper killed on Kashmir border, tensions up (Lead) - Jul 07, 2010
- BSF trooper killed in cross border firing in Jammu - Aug 17, 2012
- Can't rule out more border tunnels: Home secretary - Aug 24, 2012
- Indian Army lodges protest with Pakistan on ceasefire violations - Jul 18, 2010
- Cross border firing from Pakistan in Jammu v - May 25, 2010
- Pakistani firing seeks to push terrorists into Kashmir - Aug 23, 2012
- BSF kills intruder in Punjab, 17 kg heroin seized - Jan 18, 2012
- India warns Pakistan against ceasefire violations - May 15, 2011
- BSF opens fire near Jammu border - Jun 29, 2011
Tags: border guards, border security force, bsf, defence sources, friday morning, half an hour, India, indian border, indian territory, international border, intruder, intruders, jammu, jan 21, kashmir, northwest, pakistani rangers