BSF seizes fake currency, drugs and arms at Pakistan borderJanuary 30th, 2009 - 12:04 am ICT by ANI
Pulkanjari, Jan 29, (ANI): Border Security Force personnel on Thursday seized 13 kilograms of heroin, arm weapons and fake currencies worth Rs. 3.3 million during a midnight raid at Pulkanjari in Punjab.
“We have seized 13 packets of heroin weighing around 13 kilograms, fake Indian currency notes worth Rs. 33 lakhs, seven pistols and 14 magazines,” said Himmat Singh, the Inspector General of the BSF.
The seizure was made at Pulkanjari, in northern Punjab, while two Pakistani nationals were trying to sneak the consignment through 15 feet long plastic pipe towards India, a senior official stated.
After detecting some movement at the fencing, the BSF personnel open fired at the miscreants but due to the dense fog, they managed to escape.
Meanwhile, a search operation is still being carried on to find the smugglers.
The incident came two days after officials of federal Excise and Customs had seized 14 kilograms of heroin and detained four passengers from the New Delhi-bound India-Pakistan cross border train in northern Amritsar. (ANI)
- BSF kills Pakistani, finds heroin - Feb 23, 2012
- Sharp hike in heroin smuggling across Punjab border - Aug 21, 2012
- BSF recovers 23 kg heroin from Punjab border - Feb 04, 2012
- Three smugglers held with drugs, fake currency in Amritsar - Jul 04, 2012
- BSF seizes 12 kg of heroin on Punjab border - Apr 24, 2012
- Heroin worth millions seized in Punjab - Jan 18, 2010
- BSF finds 18 kg of heroin near border in Rajasthan - Jan 23, 2012
- Heroin worth millions seized in Punjab - Mar 19, 2010
- BSF seizes heroin worth 200 million dollars in Ferozepur - Jan 29, 2011
- Customs officials seize 20 kilograms of heroin - Feb 21, 2010
- BSF seizes heroin worth rupees 16 crore near India Pak border - Dec 30, 2009
- BSF kills intruder in Punjab, 17 kg heroin seized - Jan 18, 2012
- Two Pakistani smugglers killed on Punjab border - Mar 26, 2010
- Drugs, weapons recovered near India-Pakistan border (Lead) - Jan 29, 2009
- BSF seizes drug worth Rs 155 crore in Amritsar - Jul 04, 2010
Tags: border security force, border train, consignment, cross border, currency notes, dense fog, excise and customs, fake currency, federal excise, heroin, india pakistan, indian currency, kilograms, miscreants, pakistan border, pakistani nationals, plastic pipe, punjab, search operation, smugglers