BSF personnel celebrate Holi on Indo-Pak borderMarch 11th, 2009 - 6:57 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar/ Barmer, Mar. 11 (ANI): Taking a break from their tough duties, Border Security Force (BSF) stationed on the Indo-Pak border celebrated festival colours ”Holi” on Tuesday.
At Gakhiral border observation post (BOP) in Jammu and Kashmir, the color riot brought the much-needed breather for the paramilitary personnel.
Thus the BOP echoed with laughter, songs and cheering as the personnel rent the air with ”Holi Re Holi” greetings.
Definitely it will reduce the stress, reason being they are diverting their mind towards festival and they are celebrating the festivals with full emotions, said P S Dhiman Commandant 26 Battalion, Border Security Force.
The BSF personnel posted in Barmer region of Rajasthan also danced to the tunes of Holi songs for an escape from the dreary and tense daily regimen.
We are celebrating Holi after finishing our duty hours. All our officers are with us here. Celebrating Holi like this makes us feel lighter from our yesterday’’s work. Our colleagues are still on duty and they will celebrate after coming. All of us are happy and we take out time to celebrate all festivals. We want to tell our family that we are happy here, said Constable Suresh of Border Security Force, Barmer Range.
Indias most vibrant festival of colors indicates the end of winter and onset of spring. It is also associated with the uninhibited expression of love and affection through colours and sweets. (ANI)
- BSF celebrates Eid, Holi at Jammu border - Feb 28, 2010
- BSF celebrates 46th Raising Day - Dec 01, 2011
- BSF seize contraband, fake currency in Punjab - Mar 27, 2011
- Choppers, anti-mine vehicles to aid BSF troopers - Jan 18, 2011
- Border Security Force celebrate Lohri - Jan 13, 2010
- Two Pakistani intruders gunned down in Punjab - Feb 25, 2011
- Tunnel incident against India-Pakistan CBMs - Aug 02, 2012
- BSF recovers 23 kg heroin from Punjab border - Feb 04, 2012
- BSF kills three smugglers on Indo-Pak border in Punjab - Mar 29, 2012
- Punjab, Haryana celebrate Holi - Mar 01, 2010
- On Holi, Nitish dons pink for Badal - Mar 09, 2012
- President, vice president greet nation on Holi - Mar 18, 2011
- India, Pakistan border guards exchange Diwali sweets - Oct 26, 2011
- No work, all colourful play on Holi, say TV actors - Mar 06, 2012
- BSF suspends eight troopers for filming assault (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
Tags: barmer, battalion, border security force, celebrating holi, commandant, constable, dhiman, expression of love, holi, holi songs, indo, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, love and affection, observation post, pak border, rajasthan, riot, srinagar, suresh