BSF men displays riding skills astride stallionsDecember 17th, 2009 - 10:36 pm ICT by ANI
Gwalior, Dec 17 (ANI): The Border Security Force (BSF) personnel showcased their well-groomed horses at an equestrian competition held at Gwalior BSF base on Wednesday.
The event was organised on the sidelines of the 28th National Police Horse Riding Competition.
Riders from different regions of the country participated in this hurdle race showcasing the skills of their horses.
Sumer Singh, an ace rider of BSF and who won the hurdle race said that the horses should be treated with utmost personal care.
“We treat these horses as if they are our children; we have to take care of them, their hygiene and their food. Till now I have won a Vikram Award from the Government of Madhya Pradesh. I have won lot many competitions riding this horse,” said Sumer Singh.
Well-groomed horses were seen crossing over hurdles with grace. A hallmark of the event was an impressive parade by the horses.
“The aim was to organise a competition in which the skills of the horses will be polished, as they would further be used for law and order and patrolling purposes. The experience of the riders will also improve in this competition,” said Ramakrishnan, a retired BSF officer.
Around 200 horses participated in various sporting events.
This horse riding competition was first organised in 1970 at Mount Abu, in Rajasthan. (ANI)
- Two Saudi Olympic riders banned after horses test positive - May 24, 2012
- Army Horse show in Chandigarh - Nov 18, 2009
- International horse ride even held in Assam - Jan 23, 2010
- Harpreet Singh wins Elite Race at Hero Delhi Cyclothon - Oct 09, 2011
- Ride horse to work, say equestrian enthusiasts - Jun 03, 2011
- Horse riding is fast catching up with acting: Randeep Hooda - Apr 15, 2009
- Randeep Hooda Wins Silver Medal At Prestigious The Delhi Horse Show - Apr 15, 2009
- Indian Army hosts horse show in Chandigarh - Dec 20, 2009
- Will India's indigenous horses trot into sunset? - Mar 21, 2012
- UAE equestrian exhibition to open Wednesday - Sep 29, 2009
- Close races likely in National Motorcycle meet - Jun 01, 2012
- Olympic equestrian: Dujardin prances to dressage gold for Britain - Aug 10, 2012
- BSF camel band to enthral R-Day parade - Jan 24, 2012
- German girl takes to show jumping with cow after she is denied horse - Apr 06, 2011
- Olympics: Hoy gives Britain another gold in Velodrome - Aug 08, 2012
Tags: ace, border security force, bsf men, competition riders, competitions, different regions, government of madhya pradesh, gwalior, hallmark, horses, hurdle race, hurdles, hygiene, impressive parade, law and order, mount abu, national police, police horse, sidelines, sporting events