BSF lodges protest with Pak Rangers over ceasefire violationOctober 3rd, 2008 - 5:06 pm ICT by ANI
Jammu,Oct 3(ANI): Border Security Force officers on Friday lodged a strong protest with the Pakistani Rangers over the latest ceasefire violation and infiltration bids in Jammu.
“BSF has lodged a strong protest with Pakistan Rangers at Border Outpost on international border in Jammu frontier over an attempt to push in ultras under the cover of Pak firing in Tent Post in Kanachak area of Jammu district on October 1,” BSF officials said.
The protests were registered by the BSF with the Chinab Rangers at company commanders” meeting at Tent Post in Kana Chak area of the district.
The BSF has shown proofs of the infiltration attempt, firing and grenade blast marks.
Pakistani commanders, however, termed them as the handiwork of militants and promised to probe into the incident.
Three to four militants tried to enter Indian territory under the cover of Pak firing in Tent Post area in Kanachak area of Jammu district on October one, which was foiled by BSF troops.
There have been three ceasefire violations, Pak firing and infiltration bid on International Border in Jammu sector in the past six days.
Over 126 infiltration bids have taken place in the last nine months from Pakistan. (ANI)
- Pakistani Rangers fire at Indian posts in Jammu - Aug 06, 2012
- BSF trooper killed in cross border firing in Jammu - Aug 17, 2012
- BSF officer killed in firing from Pakistan side - Sep 20, 2011
- Two BSF soldiers injured in Pakistani firing - Aug 07, 2012
- BSF trooper injured in cross-border firing near Jammu - Aug 11, 2012
- Indian Army lodges protest with Pakistan on ceasefire violations - Jul 18, 2010
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kashmir - Dec 29, 2010
- Trooper killed in firing from Pakistan (Lead) - Jul 06, 2010
- BSF foils infiltration bid on J-K border - Jan 26, 2010
- Pakistan Army continues ceasefire violations in Jammu region - Aug 27, 2010
- Pakistani Rangers fire on Indian post on Independence Day - Aug 15, 2012
- BSF trooper killed in Pakistani firing in Jammu (Lead) - Jan 11, 2010
- Indian Army foils infiltration bid in Kashmir - Aug 23, 2011
- India warns Pakistan against ceasefire violations - May 15, 2011
- Indian, Pakistani forces exchange fire, infiltration foiled (Second Lead) - May 01, 2010
Tags: border security force, bsf, ceasefire violations, company commanders, frontier, grenade, handiwork, indian territory, infiltration, international border, militants, nine months, outpost, pakistan rangers, pakistani rangers, protest, protests, six days, tent, ultras