BSF foils infiltration bid in Jammu and KashmirOctober 1st, 2008 - 6:29 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 1 (ANI): Pakistani troops today fired from across the border to push in armed militants in Jammu and Kashmir, in yet another ceasefire violation.
A Border Security Force (BSF) spokesman said, “Pakistani Rangers opened fire on Tent Post along the international border in Kancchak sub-sector of Jammu frontier in the wee hours today.”
BSF troops beat back the infiltration bid and the militants later escaped into the Pakistani side.
A group of militants tried to enter into Indian territory in Zeroline area under the cover of Pakistani firing, following which the BSF personnel retaliated, the spokesperson said.
The exchange of fire between Pakistani Rangers and BSF continued for nearly half an hour, he added.
However, there was no loss of life or injury in the cross-border firing.
Todays firing took place at the same place where three militants had infiltrated in Kancchak area on August 25 after cutting the border fence under cover of Pakistani firing, the spokesman said.
This is the second infiltration bid in the past three days.
Earlier, Pakistani troops tried to infiltrate militants into India along international border via the Chak Fagwari area in Pargwal belt of Jammu on September 27. (ANI)
- Infiltration bid foiled in Jammu - Sep 27, 2008
- BSF foils infiltration bid in Jammu - Oct 03, 2008
- Trooper killed in firing from Pakistan (Lead) - Jul 06, 2010
- BSF shoots intruder trying to enter India - Jan 21, 2011
- Pakistani Rangers fire at Indian posts in Jammu - Aug 06, 2012
- BSF foils infiltration bid in Pargwal sector of Akhnoor near Jammu - Jan 09, 2010
- Two BSF soldiers injured in Pakistani firing - Aug 07, 2012
- Indian Army lodges protest with Pakistan on ceasefire violations - Jul 18, 2010
- Infiltration bid foiled near India-Pakistan border - Jan 09, 2010
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again, BSF trooper killed - Jul 07, 2010
- Security forces foil infiltration bid in Jammu region - May 01, 2010
- BSF trooper hurt in Pakistani firing - Jul 21, 2010
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kashmir - Dec 29, 2010
- 2 BSF Jawans killed, civilians hurt in Pak firing - Jul 07, 2010
- Indian, Pakistani forces exchange fire, infiltration foiled (Second Lead) - May 01, 2010
Tags: border fence, border security force, bsf, ceasefire, cross border, frontier, half an hour, indian territory, infiltration, international border, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, militants, New Delhi, pakistani rangers, pakistani troops, spokesman, spokesperson, tent, wee hours