BSF-CRPF to jointly fight Naxals: SrivastavaOctober 5th, 2009 - 9:44 pm ICT by ANI
Wagah, Oct 5 (ANI): The Director General (DG) of the BSF, Raman Srivastava, today said that the Government has decided to strengthen the Border Security Force by deploying other paramilitary soldiers along with them to fight Naxalites, who have emerged as one of the biggest threats to the internal security of the country.
Talking to reporters on Monday at Wagah after inspecting the border area of Punjab along with Pakistan, the BSF DG informed that the jawans of the CRPF would join the BSF in the Maoist infested states for anti-Naxal operations.
Reiterating BSF’s stand of giving befitting reply to any Pakistani misadventure, Srivastava said that the BSF would give befitting reply in future if any misdeed will be committed by Pakistan.
To increase morale of the force and give monitory benefits to BSF personals fighting militancy, insurgency and working in inhospitable conditions, Srivastava informed that a proposal was sent to the government to provide BSF jawans allowances at par with Army.
In recent past, the government has decided to deploy the BSF along with the CRPF in the Maoist infested states.
He informed that 29 new battalions have been sanctioned.
In a good will gesture, the BSF DG gave sweets to Pakistan Rangers Lt. Colonel Akbar Ali Butt on the Zero line at Attari international border. (ANI)
- No zero entrance through Bangladesh border: BSF chief - Aug 29, 2012
- India, Pakistani troopers exchange sweets on Eid - Nov 07, 2011
- BSF tightens security on Bangladesh border after firing - Feb 16, 2010
- Pakistan Rangers offer BSF sweets on I-Day - Aug 14, 2011
- BSF to use non-lethal arms along Bangladesh border - Mar 12, 2011
- India, Pakistan border guards exchange Diwali sweets - Oct 26, 2011
- Meghalaya villagers flee as Bangladesh guards open fire - Feb 18, 2010
- We need a strong head, a stronger heart, enormous staying power to counter Maoists, says Chidambaram - Apr 15, 2010
- BSF gives Pakistan Rangers sweets at Punjab border (Lead) - Aug 15, 2010
- Sweets and greetings exchanged at Attari border - Aug 15, 2011
- Fresh firing along India-Bangladesh border - Feb 28, 2010
- India-Pakistan border guards meet at Wagah-Attari check post - Aug 09, 2010
- Surjeet freed, to come home via Wagah (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jun 28, 2012
- Indian, Pakistan border guards exchange greetings - Aug 15, 2012
- BSF chief's 5-month-younger brother is CRPF head - Jan 31, 2010
Tags: akbar ali, battalions, border area, border security force, crpf, dg, director general, inhospitable conditions, insurgency, internal security, lt colonel, maoist, misadventure, naxalites, oct 5, pakistan rangers, paramilitary soldiers, punjab, srivastava, zero line