Broomsticks could be artistic, says Subash of IndoreNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:54 am ICT by admin
Subhash uses soft broom and its sticks according to their various shades for creating different shapes of Hindu Gods, especially, Lord Ganesha. At times, he uses wooden sticks, leaves and sand to decorate it.
He has crafted women including faces and eye — all by using broom’s different portions and pasting them on a canvas. Besides, he has also made many showpieces.
“People use brooms all the time but seldom pay any notice to its different use. There are so many natural colours hidden in a broom. I thought different ways of utilising them to create art and experiment with it,” said Subhash Bonde.
Subash spent his early childhood in his village where he used to make clay toys . Later, he was motivated to try different materials after being encouraged by his wife.
She took over Subhash’s responsibilities to run the cyber caf
- Indian sand artist wins gold in Spain (With Image) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sand sculpture of Ganesha spreads awareness on global warming in Puri - Aug 23, 2009
- New pop art feeds on toys, movies, comics and realities (With Images) - Mar 05, 2011
- Four private Indian art archives from US on sale at Sotheby's - Aug 09, 2012
- Eight Bangladeshi artists interpret Tagore on canvas - May 16, 2011
- Campaigning with art for peace in northeast (With images) - Aug 12, 2012
- Tagore's short stories come alive on canvas (With Images) - May 06, 2011
- The child in a 63-year-old has over 2,000 toys - Aug 13, 2011
- Geek goddess: Mona Lisa with moustache, gun and dog - Feb 01, 2011
- Ceramic is sculpting tool for Indian artist (With Image) - Sep 14, 2010
- Cosmic colours of angst and consciousness - Jan 02, 2009
- Sand image on beach in Hazare's support - Aug 13, 2011
- Auction record shows society supports art: Arpita Singh (With Image) - Dec 28, 2010
- Bengal artisans sculpt Ganesha idols in Karnataka (Feature) (With Images) - Sep 09, 2010
- Cities replacing countryside on new Indian artscape (With Images) - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: art pieces, broom, brooms, canvas, clay toys, commonplace, crafted, cyber caf, different materials, different shapes, different ways, early childhood, hindu gods, indore, lord ganesha, natural colours, subash, subhash, wooden sticks