Bronze Age and Iron Age artifacts unearthed in MyanmarAugust 18th, 2008 - 2:31 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, August 18 (ANI): A team of archaeologists has unearthed ancient artifacts from the Bronze Age and the Iron Age in Myanmar.
Found in Thazi township in the central Mandalay division by the Archaeological, Natural Museum and Libraries Department under the Ministry of Culture, the artifacts provide an evidence of transition from Bronze culture to Iron culture in Myanmar.
Foreign archaeologists once considered that in the early history, Myanmar was transferred from Stone Age into the Iron Age without flourishing of Bronze culture.
According to state-run newspaper The New Light of Myanmar, the thesis was proved wrong when many artifacts were excavated in such regions as Nyaungkan, Myin-U Hle, Hnawkan and Kukkokha that provided evidences of bronze culture in the country, and that was supported by the artifacts found in Kanthitgon village.
Archaeological research was carried out in eight different places simultaneously and among the ancient objects found in Kanthitgon village were nine complete bodies along with some incomplete sets of bodies of all ages, child, middle age and old age.
The bodies were buried together with bronze and iron weapons.
The artifacts of the Bronze Age found in the village also included bronze arrow heads, spears, wire bundles, cups, floral works, stone beads, bone beads, different sizes of pots and plates and iron spears. (ANI)
- 100,000-yr-old fossilized teeth of cavemen found in Central China - Nov 27, 2010
- Ancient town found in Myanmar - Nov 28, 2010
- Artifacts dating back to Harappan era unearthed in Jharkhand - Jun 26, 2010
- Armenia is the motherland of metallurgy, wine-making and horse breeding - Jul 06, 2010
- 40,000-year-old site found in China - Mar 21, 2012
- 2,500-year-old tomb found in China - Apr 24, 2012
- Like Nalanda, Vikramshila may rise from ruins - Jan 24, 2012
- New relics found in UAE - Jan 17, 2012
- India's ASI to renovate temple in Myanmar - Jun 21, 2011
- 2,000-year-old vessels found in Sri Lanka - Apr 22, 2011
- Buddha relics unearthed in J-K - Apr 21, 2010
- Gupta empire era sites restored in Madhya Pradesh - Jul 19, 2011
- More than 240,000 cultural relics unearthed in China - Nov 29, 2010
- Ancient Persian cairn wall found in Iran - Aug 29, 2011
- (After 1)Eighth-century Bihar university set for conservation - Nov 02, 2011