Britney saddled with hefty legal feesAugust 20th, 2008 - 6:52 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Aug 20 (ANI): Troubled popstar Britney Spears has been burdened with huge legal fees, following her custody battle with ex-husband Kevin Federline.
Court documents obtained by CNN clearly indicate that Spears” legal bills from two law firms who represented her in trying to gain custody of the couple’’s two sons Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1, total more than 466,000 dollars.
The pop princess also has to shell out 250,000 dollars for Federline’’s legal fees, reports The New York Daily News.
Lawyer Stacy D. Phillips has billed the singer nearly 407,000 dollars for four months of work.
Attorney Laura Wasser took over the case after Phillips and negotiated the custody agreement between Federline and Spears” that gives Federline full custody but allows Spears frequent visitation of the two boys.
Wasser’’s bill came to around 60,000 dollars.
The Hit me baby one more time popstar is also suppose to pay ex-husband Kevin Federline 20,000 dollars a month under an agreement finalized last month. (ANI)
- Spears may share kids' custody with Federline - Apr 18, 2011
- Britney Spears 'to regain custody of her sons' - Apr 17, 2011
- Federline 'really happy' for Spears - Dec 20, 2011
- Britney Spears planning traditional wedding ? - Dec 31, 2011
- Spears buys motorbike for boyfriend - Dec 16, 2011
- Britney Spears regains custody of her children - Apr 18, 2011
- Wedding bells for Britney Spears, Jason Trawick? - Apr 07, 2011
- Britney, Kevin reunite for sons' special day - Jun 27, 2010
- Kevin Federline's girlfriend shows off her baby bump - Apr 06, 2011
- Federline welcomes fifth kid - Aug 17, 2011
- Spears wants full time custody of sons - Nov 25, 2010
- Britney, K-Fed 'in 50-50 custody of kids' - Sep 26, 2009
- Britney Spears loves her kitchen - Nov 28, 2011
- My kids will be in showbiz: Spears - Sep 21, 2011
- Spears plans to settle down with Trawick - May 17, 2011