British woman eyes skydive record over EverestSeptember 1st, 2008 - 7:34 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept.1 (ANI): A British woman plans to make a parachute jump over Mount Everest hoping to become the first woman ever to skydive over the world’’s highest peak, organisers said on Sunday.
Holly Budge, 29, plans to throw herself out from 465 feet (142 metres) above Everest, hurtling past it, before landing in a mountain meadow at 12,350 feet (3,764 metres), reports The Mirror.
She plans to attempt her dive in October after taking off from an airstrip in Syangboche in the Khumbhu region of northeast Nepal, home to Mount Everest, the world’’s highest peak at 8,850 metres (29,035 feet).
Budge is a Bristol-based interactive designer and film maker, and she says that she will wear an oxygen mask and carry a parachute that is much larger than normal to compensate for the faster descent through the thinner air of the world’’s highest drop zone.
Three thousand people have so far climbed Mount Everest since 1953.(ANI)
- China And Nepal Settle Dispute Over Mount Everest Height - Apr 12, 2010
- First Bangladeshi woman to climb Everest - May 19, 2012
- Pinnacle of triumph - Arunachal women summit Everest - May 24, 2011
- Mount Everest Height Dispute Settled By China & Nepal - Apr 12, 2010
- 13-year-old American boy becomes youngest person to scale Mount Everest - May 22, 2010
- 73-year-old woman climbs Mount Everest - May 19, 2012
- Japanese lady, 73, awarded for scaling Mt. Everest - May 26, 2012
- Noida teenager sets his sight on Everest - Mar 25, 2010
- Nepali climber scales Mount Everest for 20th time - May 22, 2010
- Skydiver Felix Baumgartner will attempt to break the sound barrier - Feb 06, 2012
- Student is youngest British woman to climb Everest - May 22, 2012
- IAF's women skydivers jump to fame - Oct 08, 2011
- Californian teen Jordan Romero climbs Mount Everest - May 23, 2010
- Assam mountaineer set to scale Mount Everest - Mar 23, 2012
- Mount Everest ice collapse stops climbers - Apr 24, 2009