British Museum, HSBC announces plans for Indian SummerDecember 4th, 2008 - 7:27 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 4 (ANI): The British Museum and HSBC today announced plans for Indian Summer, a season dedicated to Indian culture featuring a unique programme of exhibitions, installations, performances, lectures and film screenings.
HSBC is the sponsor of the season that includes: Garden and Cosmos: The Royal Paintings of Jodhpur, an exhibition which provides a rare opportunity to view paintings of outstanding interest and variety that have never previously been seen in Europe.
Launching the season British Museum Director, Neil MacGregor said: There is an enduring fascination with the rich diversity of the art and culture of India.
Garden and Cosmos epitomises this diversity through the polarities expressed in the paintings, focusing on both the external courtly life of pleasure on the one hand and an internal life of devotion and speculation on the other. I am most grateful to HSBC for enabling us to present Indian Summer, he added.
Stephen Green, Group Chairman HSBC Holdings plc, said: HSBC is the worlds local bank and the British Museum is recognised worldwide. We are both committed to the idea of Cultural Exchange - understanding life in different cultures and building international relationships.
India is a major player in the world market and its cultural contribution here in the UK and around the world continues to grow. The Indian Summer season will provide a deep insight into the life, history and culture of this fascinating country, he pointed. (ANI)
- Britain, India working to conserve culture: British Museum director (Lead, correcting name) - Jul 29, 2010
- Indian summer of art at British Museum - Dec 05, 2008
- Selja opens Britain-aided museum staff training programme - Jan 09, 2012
- Rajasthan royal art, Indian bio-diversity to be showcased in Britain - Feb 04, 2009
- Britain, India working to conserve culture: British Museum director - Jul 29, 2010
- British Museum opens Indian Summer season - May 27, 2009
- We want to understand contemporary Indian culture: British MP - Jul 28, 2010
- Hindus laud British Museum for extensive Hindu collection - Dec 05, 2010
- Cheap, solar-powered lamp 'most important object of the 21st century' - Oct 15, 2010
- India, France broaden arts cooperation - Jan 31, 2012
- Steve Jobs' biography continues stint on top (IANS Books) - Jan 14, 2012
- Polish artist's Indian works to open - Oct 31, 2011
- New culture pact adds excitement to Indo-British ties - Jul 29, 2010
- Cancer research finds two genetic variants - Oct 10, 2011
- Polish artist's Indian works on display - Nov 02, 2011
Tags: cultural exchange, culture of india, different cultures, director neil, film screenings, green group, group chairman, hsbc holdings, hsbc holdings plc, india garden, indian culture, indian summer, international relationships, museum director, neil macgregor, polarities, rich diversity, summer london, today announced plans, understanding life