Brit women spend PS29m a year on high heels heals!October 1st, 2008 - 3:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 1 (ANI): High heels not only damage your feet but also leave a hole in the pocket, reveals a new report, which has found that the sexy footwear costs 29million pounds a year in foot operations to repair the damage.
It has been revealed that thousands of Brit women get costly corrective surgery, as they cannot walk properly after years floundering on stiletto or wedge heels.
Operations like bunion removal can cost 4,000 pounds with the total number of women having the surgery adding up to 10.5million pounds per year, reports The Sun.
According to a study conducted by NHS consultant podiatrist Emma Supple, other operations like toe straightening costs 10.4million pounds at 1,200 pounds a time, less common procedures such as big toe joint replacement, corn treatment or surgery on trapped nerves also cost millions of pounds a year.
While we love our high heels, wearing them for prolonged periods is bad news for our health and wallets, Emma said.
We need to mix and match our choice of footwear to allow our bodies time to recover, she added.
The study revealed that four in ten women have high heel accidents. (ANI)
- High heels leave you low on health and wealth - Oct 01, 2008
- Watch your step - with high heels - May 20, 2010
- Flip-flops 'can cause injuries' - Jul 30, 2010
- Pretty shoes can create ugly feet for women - May 23, 2011
- Shoes With Heels Of 9-Inches, Titled 'Sky Heel', To Emerge In The Market Soon - Nov 16, 2010
- High stilettos may increase women's risk of acute, chronic problems - Apr 06, 2009
- Wearing flip-flops can be hazardous to health - Jul 29, 2010
- Stilettos, gladiators, wedges ...for the well heeled! (With Images) - Sep 08, 2010
- Oz women suffer more injuries wearing stilettos than playing sport - Apr 17, 2011
- Posh's bunions boost flat shoes sale in UK - Mar 04, 2010
- 'Must-have' shoes harm 40pct women's feet - Sep 08, 2009
- The Magic Of Looking Stylish Is Locked In A Proper Footwear - Jan 11, 2011
- High heels could be bad for your health - Jan 28, 2012
- Suri Cruise's high heels catch health experts' attention - Nov 21, 2009
- Sweater Dresses Look Stylish With Tights, Leggings Or TightJeans - Dec 17, 2010
Tags: accidents, bad news, big toe, corn, corrective surgery, emma, Health Science, high heel, high heels, london, podiatrist, prolonged periods, sexy footwear, stiletto, sun, trapped nerves, wallets, wedge heels