Brit sisters give birth to sons in same hospital in 45 minutes!November 2nd, 2008 - 5:09 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 2 (ANI): Two sisters in England have beaten the odds by giving birth to sons in the same hospital within 45 minutes of each other.
Louise Bedford, 29, was preparing to have a Caesarean section at Dorset County Hospital in Dorchester when her sister, Lisa Reeve, 31, went into labor at home and was rushed to same hospital ward..
Shortly thereafter, Reeve gave birth to Jude, who weighed 7 pounds 5 ounces, while within the hour Bedford delivered Archie, who weighed in at 10 pounds.
Both Louise and Lisa and their babies are said to be well and recovering at their homes in Portland, Dorset.
Louise, who lives with partner Andrew Hodgkins and their two sons, was two weeks overdue when she was taken into Dorset County Hospital in nearby Dorchester.
Lisa was one week overdue so was resting at home when she went into labour on the same day as Louise was due to undergo her Caesarean, reports the Telegraph.
She said: “I knew Louise was already at the hospital when I arrived but I didn”t know she was having a Caesarean at first. Our mum was at the hospital and I remember being in a corridor with her while she was to-ing and fro-ing.
“I don”t think she could decide whether to be with me or my sister. I was given a running commentary on how everything was going though.
“In the end she waited until I had given birth to Jude before going down to be with Louise as she had Archie.
“My birth was over nice and quick compared to my sister’’s.”
Louise added: “It was all a bit of a different and exciting experience for us.
“I was not surprised at all that Lisa gave birth first - she always has to be first at everything.” (ANI)
- British hospitals ban caesareans in cost-cutting move - Aug 21, 2011
- Sisters deliver baby boys on same day in same hospital - Sep 01, 2010
- Oz mum gives birth to 5.75kg baby boy - Mar 09, 2011
- A 7 kg baby is born in China! - Feb 19, 2012
- Brit sisters deliver baby boys at same hospital, on same ward, same day! - Sep 01, 2010
- Baby born with two heads in Brazil - Dec 21, 2011
- World's most premature baby, born at 21 weeks, goes home healthy! - Apr 26, 2011
- Girl, 9, gives birth to baby boy in China - Feb 03, 2010
- Man hurt by pet cat's death kills self - May 09, 2012
- 528 pounds mom gives birth to a healthy baby - Feb 19, 2010
- Thomas Hardy's home to be opened in full to the public - Dec 29, 2010
- Woman, 28, barred from nightclubs for being 'old' - Jan 24, 2012
- Babies born by caesarean more likely to be obese - May 24, 2012
- Identical twins give birth on the same day - Oct 24, 2011
- US woman gives birth to twin sons weighing 10 pounds each - Jul 10, 2010
Tags: archie, babies, caesarean section, dorchester, dorset county hospital, england, giving birth, hodgkins, ing, labour, lisa reeve, london, louise bedford, nov 2, odds, portland dorset, sister lisa, telegraph, two sisters