Brit Sikh says he is not sorry about selling Gazza whiskySeptember 19th, 2008 - 1:21 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept.19 (ANI): A British Sikh shop owner, who sold a bottle of whisky to former England football great Paul Gascoigne at ten in the morning, has said that he is not sorry that he did so. Gazza entered Makhen Singhs shop and bought a 20cl bottle of whisky after failing to get into a pub. He was arrested a day later.
The Sun quoted 54-year-old Singh, the owner of a shop in Dunston, Gateshead, as saying: I have a license to sell alcohol, Im not doing anything wrong. Paul is just a customer like any other. He came in and asked for some cigarettes and then realized he didnt have any money so he left again. He came back about 10 a.m. and bought the bottle of whisky. He seemed in good spirits. If he has problems thats his own life.
Gazzas friend, however, described Singh as a most irresponsible boss of any off-licence in the country.
When he bought whisky, Gazza, 41, was in the middle of a 48-hour drink and drugs bender that ended in him being arrested on Thursday. He now faces being sectioned again. (ANI)
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- Now, self-destructing Gazza tries to enter a pub in the morning - Sep 18, 2008
- Drunk Gascoigne taken to hospital after trashing Brit hotel with curry, puke and stubs - Oct 27, 2010
- Gazza placed behind bars again after hotel fracas - Feb 09, 2010
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Gazza's latest addiction - an iPad computer game - Sep 21, 2010
- Gascoigne back in rehab following cocaine arrest - Oct 25, 2010
- Gazza wants to change his name to 'Gassa' - Aug 29, 2012
- Gazza returns to UK after being spurned by Portugal-based lover - Nov 15, 2008
- Gazza, Greaves, to undertake stage show - Mar 24, 2011
- Gazza ticked off after street kick about with nephew - Aug 24, 2010
- Gazza's eight-week jail sentence suspended by Newcastle court - Dec 10, 2010
- Gazza accused of 'groping shopgirl' - Jul 20, 2010
- Tipsy Gazza claims he use to provide criminal Moat with lager and chicken - Jul 10, 2010
- Gazza goes bike riding, enjoys kickabout with nephews to prove he's fit - Jun 08, 2009