Brit mum in the dock for accidentally flushing down babyNovember 25th, 2008 - 3:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 25 (ANI): A woman who became pregnant to her secret lover told a British court how she accidentally flushed her baby down a toilet before hiding his body in her car boot.
Cardiff Coroners Court heard that Claire Jones became pregnant after an affair with work colleague Marcus Bezerra.
Claire said she knew she was pregnant but thought the pain she suffered in the early hours of December 28 from last year was from diarrhea, reports the Sun.
She hid her condition from friends and family, including partner of 11 years David Stoneman.
Claire, on Monday, said that she only realized what had happened when she saw a foot in the toilet bowl.
Jones, of Pontnewydd, Cwmbran, South Wales, told the inquest: While I was still on the toilet, I flushed it, and I felt something pull.
I stood up slightly, and I could see a foot in the bowl of the toilet.
Cardiff Coroner Mary Hassell asked Claire if she realised she had given birth, but she replied: No.
Claire said: I could see the babys foot, so I pulled the baby out. I sat by the toilet. I put him on my lap. He wasnt crying. I was trying to feel for a pulse and there was nothing.
When asked why she did not call for help, Claire said: Because nobody knew I was pregnant. Because he wasnt breathing, I just panicked. I didnt know what to do.
She said she tried to revive him by blowing into his mouth and massaging his heart.
Claire said: I just kept trying and trying, and it wasnt working. There was nothing I could do. He was blue. I wrapped him in a towel. I dont remember how, but I must have put him in the boot of the car.
The corpse was found in Jones” vehicle after she was arrested. She was given a suspended sentence for concealing the baby’’s birth.
The coroner’’s court is investigating the circumstances of the baby’’s death. (ANI)
- Infertile cancer sufferer becomes dad 14 years after freezing sperm - Oct 12, 2010
- US baby born amidst police, topless dancers and high-speed chase! - Mar 07, 2011
- Evangeline Lilly wants another child - Oct 04, 2011
- Brit docs mistake newborn boy for a girl - Aug 28, 2010
- 29-year-old becomes Britain's youngest grand-dad - Jul 15, 2011
- January Jones is pregnant - Apr 30, 2011
- Pregnancy clears Victoria Beckham's acne - Feb 07, 2011
- Father in UK 'rapes teenage daughter for a child' - Dec 08, 2010
- Kitten rescued after being flushed down toilet by callous owner - Dec 02, 2010
- Unborn Brit baby cures mother's cancer by kicking! - Jul 25, 2010
- Meet the Brit boy who stalked Queen Victoria, stole her bloomers - Feb 02, 2011
- Woman strangles her newborn baby in Dubai airport - Dec 28, 2010
- Plumber rescues US woman's $10k diamond ring from sewer line - Feb 22, 2011
- 72 year-old man becomes one of UK's oldest dads - Feb 06, 2011
- I feel pretty lucky so far, says pregnant Jones - May 27, 2011
Tags: 11 years, bezerra, car boot, cardiff, circumstances, claire jones, coroner, coroners court, corpse, cwmbran, david stoneman, december 28, diarrhea, friends and family, hassell, inquest, secret lover, south wales, toilet bowl, work colleague