Brit kids losing virginity as young as 12October 27th, 2008 - 5:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 27 (ANI): Nearly a third of Brit teens have already had sex before the age of 16, according to a new survey.
While the average age to lose virginity is considered to be between 16 and 17, around a quarter of 14 to 15-year-olds confessed to having enjoyed a romp, while 12 per cent of the children under 13 confessed to having had sex.
Young Brits are losing their virginity aged just 12.
There are indications that Brits are losing their virginity earlier, the Daily Star quoted a researcher, as saying.
Among the 65-plus age group the average age when people lost their virginity was 19. But among those aged between 16 and 24 it was 15, the researcher added.
The survey also found that the average Briton had nine sex partners over their lifetime.
There is a clear gender split, with men having had an average of 11 partners while women have had less than seven, the study said.
People living in Wales or the south-west have had the most sexual partners, 12, while those in Scotland have had the least six, the study added.
With the credit crunch engulfing the economy people have stop having night-outs, and more and more Brits are turning to the bedroom for their nights in.
Brits are having more one-night stands, too a massive 49 pct of the population owned up to it. (ANI)
- 11pc Brits 'have had sex with someone they met on Facebook' - Nov 15, 2010
- Women 'get drunk before having sex because they lack confidence' - Mar 13, 2011
- Marriage is bad for your sex life - Aug 26, 2010
- 50 plus people are most promiscuous - Dec 07, 2010
- British teenage girls having sex before 16 - Dec 16, 2011
- Your prince charming is 22 kisses away - Mar 18, 2011
- Cattrall regrets losing virginity at 15 - Oct 26, 2010
- 1 in 10 Brits sleep with someone they met on Internet - Nov 16, 2010
- 70 percent Chinese have pre-marital sex: Study - Apr 10, 2012
- She blunders through to find her Prince Charming - Mar 17, 2011
- Younger women regret one-night stands more than their older counterparts - Nov 16, 2010
- British women admit one-night stands on holidays - Jun 19, 2012
- Only 20 percent Russians happy with their sex life - Apr 07, 2012
- Average youngster has 3 sexual partners by age 16: UK study - Sep 26, 2010
- It's official! Marriage is bad for your sex life - Aug 26, 2010
Tags: 15 year olds, age group, average age to lose virginity, briton, brits, credit crunch, daily star, economy, lifetime, living in wales, losing virginity, new survey, pct, population, researcher, romp, scotland, sex partners, sexual partners, survey also found that