‘Brands’ sell like hot cakes in PunjabNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:06 am ICT by admin
Gaurav Dheer, a real estate developer in Chandigarh is never seen without ‘branded’ apparel, whether it is domestic or international.
“We have become so brand conscious that I don’t think it’s easy for me to wear a shirt, a sweater or a jacket which is not branded because I can’t identify with it. I need something to identify my personality,” Dheer said.
What is alluring customers today is the promise of superb quality, a smart style perfect packaging and instant empowerment.
The big brands of course have the edge in their promises, wooing customers worldwide.
Gauri Bansal, another brand enthusiast said, “Nowadays, it’s a status symbol for brand. I know the brands are little costly but today the status symbol wants this thing. We have go out and show what we are wearing. So I prefer the brands.”
Benetton T-shirts and Pepe Jeans run in the youngsters genes. All top-notch brands - whether clothes, perfumes, shoes or house furnishing products - all are available at reasonable prices.
“If you wear a good perfume not only that you smell, but you are acknowledged for smelling well for carrying a fragrance. And, if somebody acknowledges that fragrance with a brand name you feel good. So it makes difference for people who know it by just the fragrance,” said Mandip Rekhy, owner of branded garments store.
With people of Chandigarh getting more fashionable, style is not just confined to wardrobes. Rather, it manifests itself in every aspect of their lives. (ANI)
- Madonna plans second perfume - Apr 18, 2012
- Kelly Brook wears same perfume as Madonna - Feb 07, 2011
- Perfume collector Liv Tyler - Jan 16, 2012
- Want to have my own fragrance: Cheryl - Nov 12, 2011
- Arjun Rampal's perfume to be launched Jan 12 - Jan 07, 2012
- Jessie J wants own perfume - May 21, 2012
- 'Pretty Woman' likes to smell good - Sep 04, 2012
- Brand consciousness grips Punjab - Sep 04, 2009
- Heidi Klum to launch debut fragrance - Jun 20, 2011
- Justin Bieber to create fragrance for women - May 21, 2011
- Fashion for me is comfort: Irfan Pathan - Apr 12, 2012
- Rihanna to launch male fragrance - Apr 06, 2012
- I'd gift my perfume to Deepika, Ranbir: Arjun Rampal - Jan 13, 2012
- Classic fashion Taylor Swift's recent style - Aug 20, 2012
- Kim Kardashian wanted mysterious fragrance - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: bansal, benetton, brand conscious, brand consciousness, fashionable style, fragrance, furnishing products, garments store, gaurav, gauri, hot cakes, jeans run, pepe jeans, personality, punjab chandigarh, real estate developer, smart style, status symbol, wardrobes