Bramaputra Mail derails, one killedDecember 10th, 2007 - 10:15 am ICT by admin
Siliguri (West Bengal), Dec 10 (ANI): One person was killed and 49 others were injured when seven bogies of the DN Brahmaputra Mail derailed about 15 km from New Jalpaiguri junction late on Sunday night.
According to railway sources, the train, which had set out from Guwahati, was headed for New Delhi when the incident occurred between Rangapani and Nijbari stations at around 11.00 p.m..
The injured are undergoing treatment at the North Bengal Medical College and Hospital in Siliguri.
The deceased identified as Mohammed Imroz who was working with pantry car of the train, as confirmed by the rescuers.
The cause of the derailment was still not clear. (ANI)
- Indian Railways probe Brahmaputra Mail mishap - Dec 10, 2007
- Two pushed out of train, die - Aug 19, 2012
- Five killed in Jharkhand train accident (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Four killed in Jharkhand train accident - Jan 11, 2012
- 15 dead in Andhra train accident - May 22, 2012
- 20 injured as Punjab Mail derails near Rohtak (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- 26 injured as Punjab Mail derails near Rohtak (Second Lead) - May 06, 2012
- 50 injured as passenger train bombed in Assam (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2011
- Five killed in Jharkhand train collision, six suspended (Second Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani catches fire, one injured - Apr 18, 2011
- Train accident averted in Bengal - Aug 03, 2012
- Jharkhand train accident: Six railway staff suspended - Jan 11, 2012
- Harsh steps against those responsible for rail accident: Trivedi - Aug 01, 2011
- 10 injured as Vidarbha Express rams into derailed local train - Jul 20, 2012
- Chronology of major Indian train accidents since 2000 - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: bogies, brahmaputra, deceased, derailment, dn, imroz, mail, medical college, mohammed, New Delhi, north bengal, one person, pantry, railway, rescuers, siliguri, train, undergoing treatment, west bengal