BrahMos Missile test firedDecember 18th, 2008 - 8:42 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 18 (ANI): The BrahMos Missile has been successfully launched today from a Naval Warship in the Bay of Bengal. This unique launch has been carried out from a mobile platform and all mission objectives have been met.
It has been launched for the first time from a universal vertical launcher fitted in a new Ship. All earlier launches of BrahMos missiles had been carried out from inclined launchers.
It is a significant milestone in view of the fact that most present day ships are today fitted with vertical launchers.
The launch, carried out in the presence of senior Navy officers and DRDO scientists, will give a boost to the future deployment of BrahMos in the naval platforms, they said.
“This will give a boost to ongoing programme of future ship installation for the missile. It will be installed in vertical launch configuration in all future ships of the Indian Navy,” the sources added.
BrahMos has already been inducted in INS Rajput ship in inclined configuration and its land launched version is also in service with the Indian Army.
The IAF is carrying out structural modifications on the Su-30MKI aircraft to develop an air launched version of the missile.
With this launch BrahMos has become the world’’s first and only supersonic cruise missile capable of being launched from vertical and inclined configuration from Naval platforms adding another feather to its cap of records. (ANI)
- India tests BrahMos supersonic cruise missile - Mar 30, 2012
- Army to order mountain-strike BrahMos regiment soon (Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- India successfully tests supersonic cruise missile (Lead) - Mar 21, 2010
- Joint Russia-India missile to be ready by 2017 - Jun 28, 2012
- India successfully tests supersonic cruise missile - Jul 29, 2012
- New version of BrahMos missile tested - Mar 28, 2012
- Work on BrahMos' hypersonic version to begin this year: Russian official - Jun 12, 2011
- Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test fired - Mar 21, 2010
- Successful trial of supersonic BrahMos cruise missile - Aug 12, 2011
- India successfully tests BrahMos supersonic cruise missile (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- IAF could soon get supersonic BrahMos missile - Oct 24, 2010
- India, Russia spar over BrahMos missile air version - Mar 12, 2011
- Russian-built, BrahMos-fitted frigate set for Indian Navy induction - Dec 16, 2011
- India successfully tests BrahMos (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Army to order mountain-strike BrahMos regiment soon - Mar 31, 2012
Tags: bay of bengal, brahmos missile, cruise missile, deployment, indian army, indian navy, launch, launcher, launches, milestone, missile test, missiles, mission objectives, mobile platform, navy officers, New Delhi, platforms, present day, su 30mki, warship