Boyzone stars in boozy brawl with Rihanna’’s band Down UnderNovember 12th, 2008 - 4:50 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 12 (ANI): Pop band Boyzone got tangled up in a brawl with band members from Rihannas entourage after a six-hour booze bender in an Aussie nightclub.
The ruckus was reportedly sparked at a pub Down Under after one of the Irish lads chatted up a girlfriend of one member from the Umbrella singer’’s band.
Apparently the boyfriend ”took offence” and ”all hell broke loose”.
Her boyfriend took offence and all hell broke loose with fists flying everywhere, The Mirror quoted a source as saying.
The source said: The boys held their own despite being unsteady on their feet. Security came to break it all up. They got a stern talking to.
Later, Boyzones Stephen Gately joked: Well, we did get into a fight certainly more than a difference of opinion. We are keeping up that fine image of the Irish and too much booze.
It was over a girlfriend of one of Rihannas band members. We just wanted to chat and be friendly and this guy tries to rough us up.
It was his girl and then all the other guys from the band start getting fresh with us so it was on there and then.
Gately revealed that before the brawl, he, along with other Boyzone stars Ronan Keating, Shane Lynch and Keith Duffy, went boozing with Kerry Katonas ex-husband and former Westlife singer Brian McFadden, who lives in Sydney.
Shane Lynch said that they hadnt slept for two weeks due to partying hard. (ANI)
- Brian McFadden not marrying new girlfriend - Jun 16, 2011
- Westlife vow never to split - Dec 28, 2010
- Stephan Gately website launched on his first death anniversary - Oct 11, 2010
- Duffy dismisses Boyzone splitting rumours - Jun 14, 2011
- Brian McFadden engaged - Jan 16, 2012
- Brian McFadden involved in alleged drunken outburst on Virgin flight to Oz - Feb 17, 2011
- Kerry Katona slams ex-husband over child custody row - Nov 01, 2009
- Brian McFadden's new single slammed for promoting 'date rape' - Feb 25, 2011
- Funeral of Boyzone held in Dublin - Oct 17, 2009
- Boyzone to perform at Gately's funeral - Oct 16, 2009
- Westlife part ways with Simon Cowell after 13 years - Mar 14, 2011
- Nick Jonas dating Delta Goodrem? - May 18, 2011
- Nick Jonas romancing Delta Goodrem - Jun 27, 2011
- Rihanna, Coldplay team up to for Paralympic closing - Aug 27, 2012
- Boyzone will not forget Stephen Gately, says Westlife's Shane Filan - Oct 30, 2009
Tags: band members, bender, booze, boyzone, brian mcfadden, difference of opinion, entourage, fists, girlfriend, hell, irish lads, keith duffy, kerry katonas, mirror, pop band, ruckus, shane lynch, stephen gately, stern, umbrella