Boy George makes hacking accusations in male escort trial

November 28th, 2008 - 1:38 pm ICT by ANI  

London, November 28 (ANI): Boy George, who has been accused of handcuffing a male escort and beating him after a drug-fuelled nude photo shoot, had told the police that his laptop had been hacked before the incident took place, a court heard.

Escort Audun Carlsen had alleged that the 46-year-old pop star had tied him to his bedroom wall and thrashed him with a metal chain before the 29-year-old fled in his boxers in April last year.

Earlier Snaresbrook Crown Court had heard that George had contacted Carlsen on the Gaydar website and during the first shoot the pair had taken cocaine together.

George, who had performed a sex act on the younger man, had became briefly suspicious that Carlsen had done something to his laptop and in the weeks that followed accused Carlesen of hacking into his computer.

However, the ex Culture Club singer, who has denied false imprisonment, said nothing at all on being asked about probable involvement of the Norwegian in the reported data theft.

George, on the other hand, had named a former employee behind the cloning of his machine including stolen pictures taken during the photo shoot.

“He told me that photographs had been stolen from his computer by an ex-employee, BBC quoted officer Det Con Matthew Foy as telling the court.

“He said the employee had worked for him and may have seen him type his password into the computer,” Foy added.

While the police told the court that they had found no evidence of tampering on examining the laptop, Georges attorney Adrian Waterman QC claimed that his client might have named the ex-employee as one of various probable suspects.

The case continues. (ANI)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in National |