Bookings for Tata Nano beginApril 9th, 2009 - 7:34 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, Apr 9 (ANI): The bookings for Nano, the world’s cheapest car, began here on Thursday.
The booking amount ranges between Rs. 2,850 and Rs. 4,110.
While the base model of the car ‘Tata Nano Std’ is priced at Rs. 95, 000, the other variants ‘Tata Nano CX’ and ‘Tata Nano LX’ are available at Rs. 1,20,000 and Rs. 1,40,000 respectively. Customers can either pay the entire booking amount themselves or seek financing of the booking amount.
A large number of people visited the Tata Motors showroom to enquire about the bookings of the car.
“When I came here last time, I had come with my nephew and today I have come with my wife to show her the car. I have come here with the intention of booking the car today. This is the perfect car for my family,” said Sanjay Patel, a customer.
In Mumbai, many buyers visited Tata Motors showrooms to enquire about the Nano.
“Nano looks like a good car. I will definitely buy it. I think Nano should get good response from the people,” said Gopal Patwardhan, a cusomer.
The Nano made a much-trumpeted debut in January 2008 and was due to go on sale late last year, but its arrival was delayed by a dispute over the land where a purpose-built facility was to be located.
The Nano was formally launched by Tata Motors Chairman Ratan Tata on March 23 and has been available for viewing in showrooms around the country from April 1. (ANI)
- Tata Motors tweaks Nano, claims improved mileage - Nov 21, 2011
- Tata Nano sale starts in Nepal from NRS 7.98 lakh - Jun 26, 2011
- eBay registers its first car purchase in India - Sep 16, 2010
- Bookings for small car Nano begin Thursday (Lead) - Apr 08, 2009
- Detailed price of Nano variants in Mumbai, Delhi - Mar 23, 2009
- Tata receives 203,000 bookings for Nano - May 04, 2009
- Tips for interested buyers of Nano - Mar 23, 2009
- Fiat launches new versions of Linea and Punto - Jan 04, 2012
- Nano begins much-awaited Nepal journey - Jun 01, 2011
- India gets the world's cheapest car in little Nano (Intro Roundup) - Mar 23, 2009
- Ratan Tata presents Nano to first customer Ashish Balakrishnan - Jul 17, 2009
- Tata Motors unveils Safari variant, concept cars - Jan 05, 2012
- Bookings for Tata Nano begin Thursday - Apr 08, 2009
- BMW launches super salon, Mini - Jan 06, 2012
- Nano makes its debut run on Indian roads Friday - Jul 16, 2009
Tags: april 1, base model, bookings, chairman ratan tata, cx, good car, intention, last time, motors chairman, much trumpeted debut, nano nano, nephew, rs 1, rs 2, sanjay patel, showrooms, tata motors, variants